• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Sunday morning coffee

Started by Mugwump, November 03, 2019, 02:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n everyone  :).....up early and then set the clocks back....the first ones I set forward for no apparent reason...... huh

....27degs presently and helped up near 50degs  huh huh

..today will be one of those days when you do things that you should have done yesterday days.... :)

...more coffee....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. I was up late so I slept in a bit and now my mind and body are in sync with EST/. It is currently 37 degrees out with barely a breeze so it doesn't feel that cold. It's supposed to get up to 54 degrees this afternoon with plenty of sunshine.

BTW, the coffee was great.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Morn'n Willie.... :).....pot #2 here...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

It's 62 and dark out there now...going to 84-ish today...looks like a week of mostly 80s ahead of us...oh yeh...and sunshine!...great weather! |^| |^|

No coffee still for me...it must be working because I've had very little reflux issues for several months now...I sneak in  a cup of decaf about twice a month tho!...occasionally when the guys are here for coffee in the mid-morning...

The only area in AZ that goes on and off DST is up in the northeast in the Navajo Nation area...so no adjustment for me except to refix the time difference in my brain as to what time it is in the rest of the world!... |^|  There is a TV station here that runs polls about every evening...yesterday it was whether to go on DST or not...90% = not!...consensus was, "We have plenty of sunlight without a change"!!!! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 03, 2019, 07:21:08 AM
It's 62 and dark out there now...going to 84-ish today...looks like a week of mostly 80s ahead of us...oh yeh...and sunshine!...great weather! |^| |^|

No coffee still for me...it must be working because I've had very little reflux issues for several months now...I sneak in  a cup of decaf about twice a month tho!...occasionally when the guys are here for coffee in the mid-morning...

The only area in AZ that goes on and off DST is up in the northeast in the Navajo Nation area...so no adjustment for me except to refix the time difference in my brain as to what time it is in the rest of the world!... |^|  There is a TV station here that runs polls about every evening...yesterday it was whether to go on DST or not...90% = not!...consensus was, "We have plenty of sunlight without a change"!!!! |^| |^| |^|

....I wonder why they still even use it(DST) anywhere..... huh
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on November 03, 2019, 07:32:43 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 03, 2019, 07:21:08 AM

....I wonder why they still even use it(DST) anywhere..... huh

It's called the "it's always been that way so why change it" syndrome. Actually just one more Gov't regulation to make us conform to whet they think we should be doing.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I was looking forward to sleeping later today but the puppies woke up at the same time as always, at the rooster's first crow, and started playing with my face, eating my nose, and nibbling my ears.  So much for that.  I walked into the office with my cup of coffee and was presented with a bunch of little snots stuck to the front glass of my shrimp tank.

Who can tell me at what age these little guys are usually sold?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 03, 2019, 09:06:58 AM
I was looking forward to sleeping later today but the puppies woke up at the same time as always, at the rooster's first crow, and started playing with my face, eating my nose, and nibbling my ears.  So much for that.  I walked into the office with my cup of coffee and was presented with a bunch of little snots stuck to the front glass of my shrimp tank.

Who can tell me at what age these little guys are usually sold?

...We usually start selling some at about 1 1/2" and up......couple bucks each dependent on strain and size.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Yup, 1-1/2 inch. Browns I usually sell 3 for $8, Albinos and Calicos 3 for $10, and Long fin Albinos 3 for $12. Although I have found that the Calicos seem to be much more prolific than the Browns or Albinos so I might drop the prices for those just to get rid of them.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.