• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 11:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 114
Total: 115

BSP confirmed male.

Started by waterboy, November 01, 2019, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Hope he does what he's suppose to do as well.

Right now I've got him strategically housed in between 2 tanks. Each of the tanks has 1 female. Doing this to introduce him to a couple females without being with them in the tank. So hopefully he can start to pick a female while still in quarantine. Will it work? IDK huh. We'll see. Hoping to decrease introduction time and/or fighting when I finally put them in same tank.

Anyone tried this before?
Joel

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Sounds like a good Idea to me.  But I thought the female did the choosing.  My males will pretty much accept any female that is willing to spawn.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 13, 2020, 11:14:28 PM
Sounds like a good Idea to me.  But I thought the female did the choosing.  My males will pretty much accept any female that is willing to spawn.

..yes, they normally do....and now that both females will get a good look at him.....one might show more interest than the other  huh..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I'll see what happens. If one female is more interested and he's also behaving positively to her....I'll pick that pair.

We'll see....
Joel

waterboy

Did a preliminary count on the Blue Silver het (pb/pb,+/bg)/BSP (D/g,pb/pb,bg/bg) spawn today when I moved them to another tank
Pinoys - 50
Blue Silver - 77
Seal Points - 50
Platinums - 52
Count is preliminary because They are too small to tell the difference between a Lace Pinoy (D/+) and a Hybrid Pinoy (D/g), or the difference between single and double dose Platinums.  I never have figured out how to tell the difference between the single and double dose Blue Silvers.
Dale

Babers

That a good size spawn you have there. How big are they now? Great job!
Joel

Mugwump

Jon

waterboy

Yeah more there than I thought there were.  They are just a little over dime size right now. Left them in a 10 gal too long and they haven't grown as fast as they should. Split them and moved them now so they should be OK.  Now all I have to do is to figure out what I am going to do with them all.
Dale