• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

Friday is here....

Started by Mugwump, October 11, 2019, 05:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....so what's happening folks ?  huh.....a miserable weather day on tap here...... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Still trying to select a project from the "to-do" list for today....hamburgers tonight down at Darren's and Deb's...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...just got back from feeding Kasey's critters......maybe some fish room putz'n is in order.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

So far I've jsut had a smoothie and sat here at the  computer putzing...not getting much done so far!!! huh...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..one of those days....spilled a hot cup of coffee on the 'puter desk.......

Jon

LizStreithorst

I checked on the Discus in the planted tank and they were pretty miserable.  I netted them out and put them back in the BB and they are doing fine now.  It's that damn frass from the meal worms I put in.  It made put slime on stuff.  That means that there was slime in the water.  I don't know how many 90% water changes I've done on that tank, but I'll keep doing them until the frass is gone and the tank looks and feels clean.  To me it's a very pretty planted tank.  I think It would look better with smaller fish, though...

I tried to pay my credit card on by phone because it's due today.  It's usually easy peasy.  This time they kept asking me all these questions to make sure that I was really me.  Finally they asked for the first 3 letters of my mother's maiden name.  It's O'Neill.  There is no ";" on the key pad so they thought that I was telling a lie.

Finally I got a real human being.  She made me tell the story about the ";" again.  Finally she believed me and I was able to pay.  She suggested that she take the ; out of my mother's maiden name so that if I were to have to go through all this rigmarole again I'd be able to type it in and the recorded voice would believe me.  To do that she would have to send me a text and have me read it back to her.  This entire thing was a huge pain but the lady on the phone was very good and the problem was solved.  This all had happened because someone had gotten my credit card number.  This happened once before.  They're sending me a new credit card tomorrow.  It's amazing how they can find suspect transactions.

Then I caught the daddy brown snot turn his kids loose.  There were lots of them.  They looked just like big snots just little.  I have some albinos and some browns.  I can't find them this afternoon.  I hope they find good hiding places.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 11, 2019, 03:08:07 PM
I checked on the Discus in the planted tank and they were pretty miserable.  I netted them out and put them back in the BB and they are doing fine now.  It's that damn frass from the meal worms I put in.  It made put slime on stuff.  That means that there was slime in the water.  I don't know how many 90% water changes I've done on that tank, but I'll keep doing them until the frass is gone and the tank looks and feels clean.  To me it's a very pretty planted tank.  I think It would look better with smaller fish, though...

I tried to pay my credit card on by phone because it's due today.  It's usually easy peasy.  This time they kept asking me all these questions to make sure that I was really me.  Finally they asked for the first 3 letters of my mother's maiden name.  It's O'Neill.  There is no ";" on the key pad so they thought that I was telling a lie.

Finally I got a real human being.  She made me tell the story about the ";" again.  Finally she believed me and I was able to pay.  She suggested that she take the ; out of my mother's maiden name so that if I were to have to go through all this rigmarole again I'd be able to type it in and the recorded voice would believe me.  To do that she would have to send me a text and have me read it back to her.  This entire thing was a huge pain but the lady on the phone was very good and the problem was solved.  This all had happened because someone had gotten my credit card number.  This happened once before.  They're sending me a new credit card tomorrow.  It's amazing how they can find suspect transactions.

Then I caught the daddy brown snot turn his kids loose.  There were lots of them.  They looked just like big snots just little.  I have some albinos and some browns.  I can't find them this afternoon.  I hope they find good hiding places.

....I usually end up pushing the # key a thousand times til I get a human voice.....and an English speaking person....

..congrat's on the snots....throw some guppy magic in there for them to feed on tonight.....they'll be hungry..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...wind chill here is now 34degs... huh...oh well.....

Bonco night for Jan and da gals....I'll hold the fort... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...well...I decided to clean out our fridge...! only productive thing I've done today!!! :P :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron