• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:36:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Wednesday

Started by Mugwump, October 09, 2019, 06:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....So what's going on...?....I think we'll get out and about later to enjoy the last nice 70deg day for a while.....highs next week around 50degs and a possible first frost(s).....I haven't looked at any extended forecast for winter yet....but if it's a crazy as this year has been......hang on !

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Hernia surgery yesterday.....  Big bottle of percocet to get me through  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 09, 2019, 07:14:44 AM

Dennis

...ouch.....here's wishing for a quick recovery.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..we just got back from Jonamac orchard.......got some superb cider, apple doughnuts, Choc fudge, and a peck of apples.......we've already hit the whole lot with the doughnuts suffering the worst casualties...yum :) ....We'll go back in a few weeks+ to get the Fuji and Granny Smith apples at picking time.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2019, 08:01:56 AM

Dennis

I'm wishing you a quick recovery too...I hope you didn't come still feeling good from the anesthesia and try to do a bunch of stuff...I did that quite a few years ago and really paid for it in pain the next few days....! :'( Young and dumb, I was.... :-[
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2019, 08:01:56 AM

Dennis

Wishing you a speedy recovery Dennis. I can't get percocet anymore. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

sorry about the surgery, Dennis.  My husband got over it fast when he had one.

I got up, had coffee, got dressed and went down the the fish room and worked on tanks me that she was on I thought she was coming tomorrow but I'm often wrong when it comes to "when" huh  I did the big clean yesterday so the joint wasn't filthy.  I got away with just sweeping up the stuff that is tracked in my me and the puppies and the big dogs.  BB

My back hurt but when the dog was done I went right back down to the fish room.   I moved some stuff around and, added some pieces of drift woo, and planted a few jungle vals.  Every time I moved or planted something I I stirred up another cloud of dust.  I did a 90% WC and later a 60%.  It's better now but I'm still changing running 2 Magnums and changing cartridges 2 or 3 times a day.  but I never made the bed :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...We had a wonderful dinner, and after being outside all day in the nice fresh air we're about pooped out.....so it's chill time now  :)

....perhaps a hot cup of chamomile tea will be in order..... huh  =;-) 

Jon

LizStreithorst

I defrosted and warmed up one of chef Paul's recopies.  I only have one more meal of it left but tomorrow I'm making an exciting chicken dish I found in the New Yorker,
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..off to read a spell......good night all  :)
Jon