• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

Tuesday coffee

Started by Mugwump, October 08, 2019, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Good morning everyone  :) ....rise & shine

...a cool 44degs and temps near 70degs by afternoon....sunny and breezy.....it'll be a nice day here for us...

...fish room putz'n, some water changes, and then... huh...haven't checked the calendar yet...

..more coffee....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. I was out early this morning for a doctors appointment this morning. All is good. Just getting some refills and going over some info. I weighed in only 1 pound above what his desired weight for me is. I lost 9 pounds since my last visit.

It has been a very cloudy and breezy day here. We are hit or miss with respect to rain and so far it's been a miss. We really do need the rain. The temp is currently as the forecast high of 65 degrees but it feels colder because of the wind. I will chill out for a while now.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi guys!...I was up to my ears in travel with family and friends last month...Lucy went back to Tacoma with our last visitor and is spending time with daughter and taking in some of g-daughter's softball games...

I'm doing okay bachelor-ing it...peaceful and my own time...

Had a full house of 62 attendees at our SAS meeting Sunday...Had Stacy Fenhaus, the representative for Az chapter of IBC here for a great talk and judging our first IBC Sanctioned Betta Show and competition... a long board meeting followed in which we accomplished a lot...finally things are starting to gel and people are learning how to handle their responsibilities (for the most part)...and more are stepping up and volunteering to take a part in helping!... |^|

We're trying something new on the 10th of Nov...A swap meet held at one of our large sponsor stores in Phoenix...they are providing all the tables, promotion, etc...They approached us...the board knows that I'm a little leery of aligning our club too closely with a single sponsor... we'll see how it works and determine if we will do it again, if they want us too...

I've been working on the meeting program schedule for 2020 and just about have it all together now...Ted Judy just replied today that he can come in March...Hoping to get Ian Fuller (Corydoras) in November...Local NANFA rep is coming next month...and Game and Fish in January (tentative)...We're going to have a busy year with 2 swap meets...

I've had a bout with Camallanus worms in my Blue Plat Pearl Scale Angel juvies I recently purchased...hit the tank hard with Levamisole and think they are now gone...

I'm pretty sure that our temps are out of the 100s now until next summer...we'll be in the mid 80s to low 90s for awhile...

Hope all are doing well...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 08, 2019, 12:57:27 PM
Good morning all. I was out early this morning for a doctors appointment this morning. All is good. Just getting some refills and going over some info. I weighed in only 1 pound above what his desired weight for me is. I lost 9 pounds since my last visit.

It has been a very cloudy and breezy day here. We are hit or miss with respect to rain and so far it's been a miss. We really do need the rain. The temp is currently as the forecast high of 65 degrees but it feels colder because of the wind. I will chill out for a while now.

.....nice to see that you're finally getting some fall weather......never asked...do you have a fire place?

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 08, 2019, 02:29:22 PM
Hi guys!...I was up to my ears in travel with family and friends last month...Lucy went back to Tacoma with our last visitor and is spending time with daughter and taking in some of g-daughter's softball games...

Had a full house of 62 attendees at our SAS meeting Sunday...Had Stacy Fenhaus, the representative for Az chapter of IBC here for a great talk and judging our first IBC Sanctioned Betta Show and competition... a long board meeting followed in which we accomplished a lot...finally things are starting to gel and people are learning how to handle their responsibilities (for the most part)...and more are stepping up and volunteering to take a part in helping!... |^|

We're trying something new on the 10th of Nov...A swap meet held at one of our large sponsor stores in Phoenix...they are providing all the tables, promotion, etc...They approached us...the board knows that I'm a little leery of aligning our club too closely with a single sponsor... we'll see how it works and determine if we will do it again, if they want us too...

I've been working on the meeting program schedule for 2020 and just about have it all together now...Ted Judy just replied today that he can come in March...Hoping to get Ian Fuller (Corydoras) in November...Local NANFA rep is coming next month...and Game and Fish in January (tentative)...We're going to have a busy year with 2 swap meets...

I've had a bout with Camallanus worms in my Blue Plat Pearl Scale Angel juvies I recently purchased...hit the tank hard with Levamisole and think they are now gone...

I'm pretty sure that our temps are out of the 100s now until next summer...we'll be in the mid 80s to low 90s for awhile...

..Hey Ron.....the club out there is really taking off now .....BOOMBA !!!!....good crowd  |^|.....Make sure you have a nice big club banner for the LFS swap....and plenty of fliers too....make it your club day....not his promo day  ;).....hell even business cards  :D......this has the makings of a big springboard effect  |^|

Enjoy your 'bach' days..... :).....remember to eat

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2019, 02:52:30 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 08, 2019, 12:57:27 PM

.....nice to see that you're finally getting some fall weather......never asked...do you have a fire place?
...no, but I have 2 gas grills outside and a gas stove/oven inside!.. :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2019, 03:03:34 PM

..Hey Ron.....the club out there is really taking off now .....BOOMBA !!!!....good crowd  |^|.....Make sure you have a nice big club banner for the LFS swap....and plenty of fliers too....make it your club day....not his promo day  ;).....hell even business cards  :D......this has the makings of a big springboard effect  |^|

I'm reservedly excited about this event...it's Ocean Floor, one of the largest stores in the area....Good idea about the banner |^|... we just discussed getting one at the board meeting...I'll see if we can get one in time for the swap....thanks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 08, 2019, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2019, 03:03:34 PM

I'm reservedly excited about this event...it's Ocean Floor, one of the largest stores in the area....Good idea about the banner |^|... we just discussed getting one at the board meeting...I'll see if we can get one in time for the swap....thanks!

...... |^| .....you guys rock !.... :)...have a blast..... :)....don't forget those fliers tho.....about the club, meeting dates, activities, etc.......reel 'em in boss.... |^|
Jon