• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 135
Total: 136

Show tanks

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2019, 03:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....anyone here still have a show tank set up and running.. huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...just saw this...

...actually that's all I have at the moment...1 show tank...and after the move it wasn't much for show...

...however, the 125 has finally really cleared up and is looking good...I bought a bunch of plants at my sponsor store Friday and they're coming in nicely now...still not photo-worthy yet!...The move was really hard on the tank...I use Saf-t-Sorb for substrate and over the years it breaks down to silt...all it is is clay...so when we scooped it out and put it into buckets the silt (aka: mud) came with it... so the tank was murky for a long time as I didn't have the work station set up for easy water changes...last week I did a total of 3 WCs and things are doing much better...

...#2 - 125 will also be a show tank... I'll start setting it up in Feb...I'll use playground sand for substrate in it...I use plant tabs, so not worried about substrate nutrients...I know i'll have Corydoras adolfoi in it, but not sure of the rest...was thinking discus, because they show so nicely...but also never kept a big group of rainbows....I've got time...I'll come up with something....!! ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I have both a Rainbow fish and Discus tank show tank.  They both need work.  They look like jungles.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2020, 12:29:52 PM
I have both a Rainbow fish and Discus tank show tank.  They both need work.  They look like jungles.
...what rainbows ar you keeping?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I have a mix of the larger ones.  Bosemani, Neons, Turquoise, and Millennial.  I've also got a group of my old Pearl gourami's in there, and a whole bunch of snots.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2020, 01:29:28 PM
I have a mix of the larger ones.  Bosemani, Neons, Turquoise, and Millennial.  I've also got a group of my old Pearl gourami's in there, and a whole bunch of snots.
That would make a nice grouping... thanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

They have lots of swimming space in that 125.

Mugwump

We are seriously thinking of making the 130gal into some kind of planted show tank...possibly with some Discus too..... huh...I saw some heckles, that I have always liked, and if I can get them at a decent price..... huh.....none of the others really light my fire like those heckles.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson