• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 129
Total: 131

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ok, I see some folks posting their spawns......is everyone else hiding something..LOL..or are there others having successful spawns too..???  let us know.....please?... ;D....and pics too.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

We have had 4 spawns since Friday.... and 2 other picking and a few in the 120 doing funky stuff.  Might have to sell a pair or 2

There eggs:
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

I like your orange head marble....sweet...looks like a Mellow line angel???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Full moon to night so hoping for some more action on the slates.... LOL
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on August 20, 2013, 04:42:14 PM
Full moon to night so hoping for some more action on the slates.... LOL

..or.....a bunch of em growing lotsa hair...???....hooooowwwwLL   ;D
Jon

P4Angels2

ok Jon put the fangs away!! and just sit back and watch the fish

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on August 20, 2013, 04:49:14 PM
ok Jon put the fangs away!! and just sit back and watch the fish

"Even a man who is pure in heart
    and says his prayers by night
    may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms
    and the autumn moon is bright.   "
Jon

b125killer

I had two spawns last night the chocolate blue spawned again. and the clown/he spawned last night. I'm going to let them keep there spawns this time there's only so much tank space and so many fry.

Scott

P4Angels

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

The  St. Isabel/Rio Negro spawned today. That makes me happy.
Scott

Mugwump

They make pretty babies, huh?....love the long anal fin on the stripers... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Update in my parent raisers. My second plat pair did a great job in the community tank until the fry went free swimming.  Then they swam into the wrong side of the tank and become good food for the others. 

My mana x spawn is free swimming but I think the parents have been helping themselves to treats as I don't see very many.  I do have a black gravel that I'm going to have to do something about in that tank. 

All things considered I think the parents of both spawns did a pretty decent job.  Tomorrow I will move a plat spawn that I pulled to larger quarters. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

I do like it when they parent raise. It makes things easier. The first successful spawn the St. Isabel/Rio Negro had they started to eat the free swimmers too. My clown/He are still doing good. There starting to free swim. This is about the time they eat there fry too. There so close to parent raising.   
Scott

b125killer

I have free swimmers, They are getting better at parent raising. They didn't eat half there spawn this time when I did there water change.
I have found out if I do a water change before they free swim the parents will eat the spawn. I guess i freak them out too much when I change there water.

Scott