• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 03:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Friday---->>

Started by Mugwump, September 06, 2019, 05:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....another September weekend as 2019 screams by......how many shopping days til Xmas?..... huh wfwf huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2019, 05:44:33 AM
....another September weekend as 2019 screams by......how many shopping days til Xmas?..... huh wfwf huh

I already saw some Xmas decorations in a couple of stores. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2019, 06:07:20 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2019, 05:44:33 AM

I already saw some Xmas decorations in a couple of stores. huh

...I know and that's crazy, huh?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

lovely day for me.  My back isn't bad at all, but I took an extra Tramadol when I got up.  I finally have a bit of money in my wallet so I went to the supermarket, wandered around the hardware store and picked some stuff up that will come in handy in the fish room, and went to a discount junk store.  I ran into a couple of people who are very interested in my puppies there.  Imagine that!  Then, as well as finding a pair of slippers for next to nothing that will be comfortable on my weird feet, a washable pee pad that I can use for my puppies that spend the night in a playpen in the living room, and amazingly a set of full size 1400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets for 8 bucks.  I love Egyptian cotton for the cold months because they hold in the heat so much better than the microfiber sheets I use in the summer.  Those things are expensive.  I did quite well for someone who never goes poking around a bunch of junk hoping to stumble upon bargains.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 06, 2019, 03:30:33 PM
lovely day for me.  My back isn't bad at all, but I took an extra Tramadol when I got up.  I finally have a bit of money in my wallet so I went to the supermarket, wandered around the hardware store and picked some stuff up that will come in handy in the fish room, and went to a discount junk store.  I ran into a couple of people who are very interested in my puppies there.  Imagine that!  Then, as well as finding a pair of slippers for next to nothing that will be comfortable on my weird feet, a washable pee pad that I can use for my puppies that spend the night in a playpen in the living room, and amazingly a set of full size 1400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets for 8 bucks.  I love Egyptian cotton for the cold months because they hold in the heat so much better than the microfiber sheets I use in the summer.  Those things are expensive.  I did quite well for someone who never goes poking around a bunch of junk hoping to stumble upon bargains.

...we love the thrift stores.....books, sometimes tshirts, and the nice heavy glassware shorter/squat vases...which make great looks for tank plants...found a dehydrator cheap there too....  :)
odd ball pans/skillets, and the turnover is good so theres new things to look over each time... :).....head for a rich man's town and check them out there...those folks throw out new...LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon