• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Dorian...

Started by Mugwump, September 02, 2019, 06:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the winds off this storm are off the charts record breaking...they're saying it should veer northward.....just not sure when?...they haven't ruled out hitting Florida with a direct hit either..

..Barb & Willie will likely see some of the effects of this slow mover by them... huh..

Careful out there folks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 02, 2019, 06:02:21 AM
....the winds off this storm are off the charts record breaking...they're saying it should veer northward.....just not sure when?...they haven't ruled out hitting Florida with a direct hit either..

..Barb & Willie will likely see some of the effects of this slow mover by them... huh..

Yep. Southern Delaware just moved into the "Cone of Uncertainty". huh These weather folks have been all over the map on this.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 02, 2019, 06:08:54 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 02, 2019, 06:02:21 AM

Yep. Southern Delaware just moved into the "Cone of Uncertainty". huh These weather folks have been all over the map on this.

....can't say it's surprising...this thing just goes where it wants....and slooooow too...it crossed the Bahama's at 1 mph with 185+mph winds ...that's serious destruction there....wow..just saw it had 220+ wind gusts !!!...incredible power...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...here we go...it's headed up the coast now.......be safe out there Barb and Willie.... |^|....looks like you'll be getting some rain..... huh
Jon

Barb

As of now, Thurs, eve. until Friday afternoon will be bad here.  High wind and at least 10" of rain.  The worst ALWAYS hits us at night, so I can't look out and see what is going on.  All I can do is listen to the horrifying wind outside.  Our house can take up to 120mph sustained wind.  In case you all don't know, I am terrified of high wind. 
Barb :(

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on September 04, 2019, 12:23:18 PM
As of now, Thurs, eve. until Friday afternoon will be bad here.  High wind and at least 10" of rain.  The worst ALWAYS hits us at night, so I can't look out and see what is going on.  All I can do is listen to the horrifying wind outside.  Our house can take up to 120mph sustained wind.  In case you all don't know, I am terrified of high wind. 
Barb :(

...hopefully the storm will die down some before getting to you Barb.....and you are inland a bit, that will soften it up too......stay safe
Jon

Mugwump

...be careful Barb and Willie....this storm has taken on a new level of destruction........
Jon

Mugwump

...down graded to #2 again......good.....
Jon

Mugwump

...the storm is finally winding down some.....hope everyone came away ok......
Jon

Barb

We did fine.  No power loss, no house damage, minimal yard debris to clean up.  Just nerves to calm back down now.  Still raining here, a bit of wind. Dorian is almost out of our area.  Headed up the east coast to Canada now.  We have been through many worse hurricanes, but none that lasted this long or had such a long path.  We live between Wilmington and Cape Lookout on the NC coast.  Thanks to those who sent good thoughts our way.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on September 06, 2019, 08:52:48 AM
We did fine.  No power loss, no house damage, minimal yard debris to clean up.  Just nerves to calm back down now.  Still raining here, a bit of wind. Dorian is almost out of our area.  Headed up the east coast to Canada now.  We have been through many worse hurricanes, but none that lasted this long or had such a long path.  We live between Wilmington and Cape Lookout on the NC coast.  Thanks to those who sent good thoughts our way.
Barb

...Wonderful.....I'm glad you folks made it through without getting hit by the brunt of that thing.... :) |^| :)....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Barb is a worrier and a wonderful planner for the worst.  I'm glad that she's finally becoming more relaxed.  I told her that if a hurricane were coming my way I'd get as fucked up as possible without falling down and crawling into bed and sleep through the damn thing.  Everyone has their own way of doing things.
Always move forward. Never look back.