• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:36:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Franz Kafka

Started by Mugwump, August 27, 2019, 07:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A year before his death, Franz Kafka had a very unusual experience. Strolling through the Steglitz park in Berlin, he found a girl crying heartbroken: she had lost her doll.
Kafka offered to help look for the doll and prepared to meet her the next day at the same place.
Unable to find the doll, he composed a letter "written" by the doll and read it when they met again:

- "Please do not cry, I have gone on a trip to see the world. I'm going to write to you about my adventures ... "

This was the beginning of many letters.
When he and the girl met, he read these carefully composed letters of imaginary adventures about the beloved doll. The girl was comforted. When the meetings came to an end, Kafka gave her a doll. She obviously looked different from the original doll. An attached letter explained:
-"My trips
they have changed me ... "

Many years later, the now grown-up girl found a letter tucked into an unnoticed crack inside her wrist. In short, it said:
"Every thing you love is very likely to be lost, but in the end, love will return in a different way."

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Sweet story.  Is this a true story?
Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson