• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 105
Total: 106

my home bred Discus

Started by LizStreithorst, August 27, 2019, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Waiting for these to get down to making the next generation is killing me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

more

Mugwump

...sweet looking, Liz.....good luck !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

last one

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Over a year.  All I do is feed, change water and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 27, 2019, 06:21:51 PM
Over a year.  All I do is feed, change water and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for them.

...couple dither fish?....put a bit of excitement in there ?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've never heard of that working with Discus, Jon.  I think they'd move so fast that they're pick off all the eggs the moment they were laid.

There's another trick I've heard of, though.  You go for a long time before you change water, then do a very large cold water change.  It's has been used with success on wilds.  Supposedly, it simulates the dry season followed by the rainy season in the Amazon.  It's hard for me not to change water every day, though.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 28, 2019, 07:35:31 AM
I've never heard of that working with Discus, Jon.  I think they'd move so fast that they're pick off all the eggs the moment they were laid.

There's another trick I've heard of, though.  You go for a long time before you change water, then do a very large cold water change.  It's has been used with success on wilds.  Supposedly, it simulates the dry season followed by the rainy season in the Amazon.  It's hard for me not to change water every day, though.

I've heard of folks using a tray of ice cubes getting cories to go......just dump them in.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Alas, no.  All I can do is wait, wait wait, feed, feed feed, and change lots and lots of water every day.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Didn't help.  Still waiting for the fish to do something.

Mugwump

Jon