• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 10:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

Sunday.....

Started by Mugwump, August 25, 2019, 06:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...boy I hope it's Sunday..?.....the weekend has been a blur of activity so far......hoping to slow things down today........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I should be out spraying round up but it can wait until tomorrow.  So what if I'm lazy and enjoy sitting outside and enjoying what I have here.  I am secluded here.  It is totally peaceful.  I don't have to worry about someone showing up unexpectedly while I'm sitting outside topless (not a pretty sight, but comfortable).
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2019, 10:00:17 AM
I should be out spraying round up but it can wait until tomorrow.  So what if I'm lazy and enjoy sitting outside and enjoying what I have here.  I am secluded here.  It is totally peaceful.  I don't have to worry about someone showing up unexpectedly while I'm sitting outside topless (not a pretty sight, but comfortable).

......peaceful is nice..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2019, 10:00:17 AMI'm sitting outside topless (not a pretty sight, but comfortable).
..I do that too, sometimes...bet you're prettier that my fat belly...!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I'm having a hell of a time netting that one last beautiful guppy out of my heavily planted tank...I'm undoing several weeks of nice growth...eveything else seems to be ready to head on up to the swap...been a busy last 2 days...
...Later all ya'll...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 25, 2019, 11:17:37 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2019, 10:00:17 AMI'm sitting outside topless (not a pretty sight, but comfortable).

.....undoubtedly.....LOLOLOLOLOL
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 25, 2019, 11:19:36 AM
...I'm having a hell of a time netting that one last beautiful guppy out of my heavily planted tank...I'm undoing several weeks of nice growth...eveything else seems to be ready to head on up to the swap...been a busy last 2 days...
...Later all ya'll...

...Have a great time.....good luck !.....oh...and don't forget the pics  :)
Jon

BallAquatics

Beautiful day here.  Must go for a ride later.  Went to see Jeremy yesterday and he had dozens of very cool fish he brought back from his last trip to South America.  He's got these super cool "nano plecos" that only grow to 1.5 inches.  Tiny like an Otocinclus, but tough like a Pleco.  Told him I had to have some when he gets them to spawn.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on August 25, 2019, 11:55:46 AM

I can assure you that your wrong.  I'm not fat, but all my parts have suffered from the effects of gravity.  So what?  I certainly don't give a shit.  It's not like I could have done anything to make it otherwise.

I mixed up a bunch of potting soil.  It takes a bag of normal potting soil.  I add shavings to it depending on how heavy it is.  This time It was 2/3 top soil to 1/3  shavings.  Then a shovel food of top soil and as much compost as I can scrap together.  Everything went into one pile then I mixed it with a spading fork and filled 2 5 gallons with it full but loose.

Then I tried to haul the 2 buckets full of planting soil.  I had to stop after going about 20 feet.  Damn back...I'll have to ask Charlotte for help.  This kind of thing is right up her ally.  I have a glass top patio table right beside the garden to be.  It already has parsley and thyme growing in old fish boxes.  I'm putting basil and mint out to keep the others company.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2019, 12:16:17 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 25, 2019, 11:55:46 AM

I can assure you that your wrong.  I'm not fat, but all my parts have suffered from the effects of gravity.  So what?  I certainly don't give a shit.  It's not like I could have done anything to make it otherwise.

I mixed up a bunch of potting soil.  It takes a bag of normal potting soil.  I add shavings to it depending on how heavy it is.  This time It was 2/3 top soil to 1/3  shavings.  Then a shovel food of top soil and as much compost as I can scrap together.  Everything went into one pile then I mixed it with a spading fork and filled 2 5 gallons with it full but loose.

Then I tried to haul the 2 buckets full of planting soil.  I had to stop after going about 20 feet.  Damn back...I'll have to ask Charlotte for help.  This kind of thing is right up her ally.  I have a glass top patio table right beside the garden to be.  It already has parsley and thyme growing in old fish boxes.  I'm putting basil and mint out to keep the others company.

..WOW...those are some great spices to grow.....fresh spices smell so good too... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Matt & Al left and we're 30 angels lighter in the tanks.....1/2 buck size and bigger too.... :)
Jon