• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:34:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Just Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, August 24, 2019, 06:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...'Cornfest' is this weekend....so we'll go stroll the streets downtown sometime over the next day, or two.....today we're headed to Twin Lakes, Wisc. to meet up with Capt'n Bob.....

...nothing else really planned except maybe a few folks stopping by for some angels.....and that would be on Sunday.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I will be outside the whole. Don't know what I'll be doing but I will be enjoying this wonderful weather.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...I'll be packing the dry goods into the car, bagging the plants today and netting the fish early in the morning for the swap... we we have all 14 tables sold out!... Looking forward to the event tomorrow...really don't have a clue as to what the turnout will be...

...when i get the table set up I will photograph the Dragon Stone Re-Creations I've made...I told you I'd send pics...I crafted 10 pieces of caves (arches, really), ledges and peaks...it has been really relaxing and fun for me learning how to build them...even while sitting out on my deck in 110 degree temps...! When I got too hot, I'd just come inside, pour a glass of ice water and sit a spell...then go back at it...I must be weird, I enjoy the heat huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..the swap sounds like a winner.....looking forward to the pics  |^|......I hope you get a good crowd so the event can grow.... :)

..the big GCCA and QC swaps are huge....but we feel our 34 table Rockford swap is a perfect size....plenty of room, great vendors, lotsa parking, and friendly crowd make a really fun time for all....having food available at a very affordable price helps too..... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2019, 09:27:10 AM
..the swap sounds like a winner.....looking forward to the pics  |^|......I hope you get a good crowd so the event can grow.... :)

..the big GCCA and QC swaps are huge....but we feel our 34 table Rockford swap is a perfect size....plenty of room, great vendors, lotsa parking, and friendly crowd make a really fun time for all....having food available at a very affordable price helps too..... ;)
We'll have a snack/drink table with $1 items...that should help too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 24, 2019, 10:14:26 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2019, 09:27:10 AM

We'll have a snack/drink table with $1 items...that should help too!

...yes it will.... |^|...just for grins throw out an extra table and ask the vendors to donate a bag of fish, plants, etc... put a pencil/paper out by each for a silent auction for the club....works good and folks like to do it too.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have only done 2 productive things today.  Animal chores took 2 hrs!

I got up at 6 and walked into the living room.  The house smelled like dog piss.  I moved the puppies play pen to outside and moved the little ones.  I carried the hurt chicken outside.  I put the chicken's "human" pee pads in the washer then stuffed the puppies news paper into a beer box and took it to the burn pile.  Then I sprinkled baking soda on the floor, then swept, then vacuumed, then mopped.  The house smelled fresh again.  I fed mama dog breakfast (puppy food with a scrambled egg(.  I fed the puppies their first real meal.  Some did better than others.

Finally my customer came at 10 after she rescheduled from yesterday.  She couldn't wait to see the babies.  The relative that came with her wants a puppy but said that her husband would kill her.  The babies are way to young yet, but it's nice to have a prospective owner nibbling at the hook.  I'd hate to have to advertise them in the paper and put up signs offering free puppies.  I want to place them where they can find good homes, not just homes.

After that, not much of value.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...we just got back a few minutes ago....Kasey rode up with us too....it was a nice get together by Bob/Gale's family and friends....looked over 100+ and everyone brought food...lotsa
food.....Bob was doing a bit better but still suffering....he and Shannon lean on each other for support.....the testimonials were both happy and crazy,,,just like Gale was....so a bit of tears then
the laughter began as we talked of her many great virtues.......always a smile, first in line to help, and that warm hug that soothed the soul....we lost a very unique and loving person....
she will, and is, be missed by those fortunate enough to have known her.......whatta gal !
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2019, 06:17:56 PM
...we just got back a few minutes ago....Kasey rode up with us too....it was a nice get together by Bob/Gale's family and friends....looked over 100+ and everyone brought food...lotsa
food.....Bob was doing a bit better but still suffering....he and Shannon lean on each other for support.....the testimonials were both happy and crazy,,,just like Gale was....so a bit of tears then
the laughter began as we talked of her many great virtues.......always a smile, first in line to help, and that warm hug that soothed the soul....we lost a very unique and loving person....
she will, and is, be missed by those fortunate enough to have known her.......whatta gal !

I can only imagine how that was. Glad to hear Bob is holding up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..been up since 3:30 and it's been a long day...even 3+ hrs of driving.....it's time to go read and settle in...

..night folks.. :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.