• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Me and Mom

Started by Charlotte, August 19, 2019, 02:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I've been feeling somewhat unloved since I've been home.  Mom had only used me a couple of times.

Since the Peamite got sick she has been depending on me.  I loved it.  We drove around paying bills first.  The water company has a lot of interesting country stuff to see.  Old houses that are simple but beautiful, and lots of woods.  There's this sign where a Taxidermist guy decided to live.  He's kind of in the sticks, but folks around here do a lot of hunting and like to show off their big deal deer heads.  Mom has never understand why anybody would want to show off what he has killed, but I think that having a taxidermist in the middle of nowhere is cool.

I've hauled a whole good load of shavings and chicken poo, horse shit and compost to the garden because mom says the garden needs a ton of organic matter

Today I had to take Mom and one of her old dogs to the vet.  She knew the outcome would not be good.  When she came out with her dead dog all wrapped up in the baby blanket I could feel that we was hurting,  She put her in the passenger seat, closed the door and leaned on me while she gathered herself.  Seeing her like that, getting herself together touched me.

When we got home, she kissed me, petted me, and told me that she would give me a good bath.  God knows I need a bath.  I'd love a nice waxing too, but mom didn't promise that.
Keep on Truckin'

Barb

You have had a good day Charlotte, you helped your mom when she really needed it.
Barb

Mugwump

..nice to hear you can help in times of need, Charlotte. You're a sweetheart.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson