• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Friday fish find.

Started by P4Angels, August 16, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Saw this add on C/L:

30 Gallon Aquarium - includes everything! - $150 (Kirkland)

30 Gallon Sea Clear Aquarium with all of the items below - $150
Heater
Fluval 70 filter system
Coralife lights
3 quality artificial plants
Cleaning syphon
7 Angelfish
2 Cori Doras
1 Plecostamos

So I send an email, (as I have in the past) asking if they would consider just selling the angelfish. got a reply of sure.  I asked how much she returned 40.00.  I'm thinking okay we can come take a look.  Called got the address, We grabbed 2 buckets and filled half full of water and and away we go. We get there and see these:

She told us these are a mated pair (okay this is almost to good to be true)

and these:

Now keep in mind these are all in a 30 gallon tank.   :o  She then tells us the story that her 2 year old son.  Tried to feed the fish and dumped the whole 1 oz. can of fish food in the tank and her husband told her the fish or the kids.  Guess who won.  LOL  :'( ...   We got to talking and one thing led to another and she told us to take the tank with the fish and it was all free.  Because she said, "they where going to a good home".  Lori and I about flipped right there in her living room...  8)
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels2

Funny thing is....we know the person that she got the fish from!!! But was sad to see all these beauties in a 30 gal tank.....and what an odor it gave off with all of the excess food that was in it..(crazy 2 year olds)!!! But since bringing them home they look good swimming around and all in all look to be very happy to have a much bigger tank!!

b125killer

That was nice of her. It sometimes shocks me to see how many fish people will put into a tank. It's a good thing you guys got them instead of someone that has never had a tank and didn't know any better.
Scott

Mugwump

Dang !!!...nice find....I'm wondering how old the fish are...?? It would take awhile to grow that size in a crowded 30......very pretty, I hope they spawn a big batch  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great pickup.  Very pretty fish.  Hope the pair does well for you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

P4Angels

The owner of them said about a year...  I guess time will tell..  Have to wait for that 1st spawn...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

P4Angels2

What's funny the person that she got them from should have known better than to give her that many for that size of tank since she got the tank from them as well...But hey am not going to complain! They are eating and look awesome!!!

P4Angels2

Oh what a glorious day this has been....Started off going to one pet store in need of food for the 4 legged kids...walked thru their fish room and were actually amazed we walked out without buying any fish. Then we thought of another store that we hadn't been too in a while so drove there..And again no fish were purchased...Had a wonderful mexican lunch!! Then tonight there was a place that was have a plant swap at a local store. So we bagged up about 6-8 bags of plants. We of course go down early so that we have a chance to look around and see if there might be any fish we are interested in. This time we decided to get 10 blue neon's...also found a little piece of wood that was just what I was looking for to put into the 10 gal tank that we have a peace lily in. The swap began with names being drawn for door prizes, Aron won a bottle of plant chemicals, and to be a smarty pants I told the owner he needed to draw my name so that I could have one of his shirts...Guess what?? :o He actually did draw my name for it ;D. Aron was then introduced to a young couple that had just moved to WA and were looking into getting a tank and fish. Well....seeing how we were gifted a 30 gal tank yesterday we decided to pay it forward to this couple as well as Aron gave them 5 bags of our plants and then others were handing him plants and so he told them about this couple and the person agreed that it would be a wonderful idea to just give them the plants to help get them started. Of course to get the tank they came to the house and of course got the grand tour of the fish room and fell in love with the Angelfish!!

Just like Jon did with us not so many years ago!!! Thank you Jon for showing us the wonderful feeling of paying forward to others

Mugwump

You two are the best-est  ;D ... ... I wish that you were closer  :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That was so nice of you guys.
Scott

P4Angels

Alright got an update for you on that tank we gave that couple, first the email:

Aron & Lori,

A few days after you gave us the tank, this is what we've done with it. We bought a couple more plants, a beta, and painted the back.
Thank you guys so much! We are so grateful for this great starter tank. We will definitely be buying angel fish from you once we have our own place and tanks.
Thank you again! Hope to see you around.
Kandace &Bill.

and there Photo:

Mugwump

Another contented new hobbyist... ;D   nice
Jon

Ron Sower

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron