• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Monday !!

Started by Mugwump, August 19, 2019, 04:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..hey Ron, did you get your AC fixed?....hope so.... |^|

....baby brine shrimp operation is back in operation again.....fry are all up....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...well I should mow if/when the grass drys out.......or get some goats?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...hi guys!...Ron R. spent most of Friday and Saturday pulling apart the ac and ducts to determine where the blockage was...also washed off both coils which were coated with a lot of dust...put it all back together... no improvement... :'( huh....

...I got Joe, the AC guy to come back yesterday...went thru what Ron had done and told him results of each thing...He spent several hours on it and finally came up with an inline filter in the copper tube running between the 2 coils...It was 40 degrees higher on one end of it than the other and i think is said it was supposed to be the same temp both ends....he replaced it and Badda-bing!... |^| |^|

...the last two nights before last night we've been staying a few blocks away in one of our rentals to sleep cool...good to be back in our beds last night...it worked all thru the night...

...yesterday was the first day I felt really ready to be up and about... the incisions were much less sore and I didn't feel so tired...today is the same...I spent most of yesterday cleaning up about 20 lbs of Ohko rock (dragon stone) for sale at the Swap next Sunday...today, if the pieces are dry completely, I'm going to create some "caves" and arches with some of the pieces...

...Instructions to me were not to lift...bummer...We have the two mini-split ACs coming in today or this week to get installed across the street (that AC completely died)...and today our parts to put up a privacy screen should be at Lowes for pickup...
Ron and Stan are going to install the ACs and I'm getting another guy who's build stuff for me to get the holes dug for the fence posts...

...hopefully we will get all this done before my cousin and her husband get here on Sep 3 for a two-week visit...

...thank you Mr. Gallbladder for making me sweat it out...!!!!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 19, 2019, 09:51:57 AM
...hi guys!...Ron R. spent most of Friday and Saturday pulling apart the ac and ducts to determine where the blockage was...also washed off both coils which were coated with a lot of dust...put it all back together... no improvement... :'( huh....

...I got Joe, the AC guy to come back yesterday...went thru what Ron had done and told him results of each thing...He spent several hours on it and finally came up with an inline filter in the copper tube running between the 2 coils...It was 40 degrees higher on one end of it than the other and i think is said it was supposed to be the same temp both ends....he replaced it and Badda-bing!... |^| |^|

...the last two nights before last night we've been staying a few blocks away in one of our rentals to sleep cool...good to be back in our beds last night...it worked all thru the night...

...yesterday was the first day I felt really ready to be up and about... the incisions were much less sore and I didn't feel so tired...today is the same...I spent most of yesterday cleaning up about 20 lbs of Ohko rock (dragon stone) for sale at the Swap next Sunday...today, if the pieces are dry completely, I'm going to create some "caves" and arches with some of the pieces...

...Instructions to me were not to lift...bummer...We have the two mini-split ACs coming in today or this week to get installed across the street (that AC completely died)...and today our parts to put up a privacy screen should be at Lowes for pickup...
Ron and Stan are going to install the ACs and I'm getting another guy who's build stuff for me to get the holes dug for the fence posts...

...hopefully we will get all this done before my cousin and her husband get here on Sep 3 for a two-week visit...

...thank you Mr. Gallbladder for making me sweat it out...!!!!

..gee here I thought you had surgery?....LOL....you're running around more than usual....it's nice to see you feeling better....now don't push it, ya hear?
Jon

Mugwump

...errand for milk/bread/ and non-iodized salt completed........even got the grass cut.... |^| :) |^|......looks nice....had the blades reving and the speed easy so I could get it good with slower passes.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Took one of my dear old dogs to the vet to be PTS this morning.  I have the hole dug.  Just waiting for the clouds to slip behind the clouds before I bury her.

I'm whuped from working hard Sat and Sun so after I get this job done I plan to do nothing but sit inside with the AC drinking the day away.  If I'm lucky I'll drink myself into a coma and die before anyone finds me.  (kidding, kinda)

Ron, by the way you write you sound better than you have in a long time.  Good to see you back to the way you should be.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 19, 2019, 12:13:07 PM
Took one of my dear old dogs to the vet to be PTS this morning.  I have the hole dug.  Just waiting for the clouds to slip behind the clouds before I bury her.

I'm whuped from working hard Sat and Sun so after I get this job done I plan to do nothing but sit inside with the AC drinking the day away.  If I'm lucky I'll drink myself into a coma and die before anyone finds me.  (kidding, kinda)

Ron, by the way you write you sound better than you have in a long time.  Good to see you back to the way you should be.

...so sorry Liz.....I hate losing pets....do you have a special place where you bury them?.....we use the big flower bed on the east side of the house....it's always full of flowers,,,,
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had Saint Puppy cremated because when he died I could afford it.  I had pneumonia when I had my Fat Girl PTS and I just couldn't dig.  This time I could dig.  I dug a hole and put her in my vegetable garden to be.  I covered the grave with the shavings and chicken shit  plus the rest of my mulch I loaded in Charlotte Saturday and Sunday.  Nothing will be planted there until Spring.  Next year every time I pic a juicy red 'mater I can say, Thanks, Chloe.  I think that's good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 19, 2019, 01:43:37 PM
I had Saint Puppy cremated because when he died I could afford it.  I had pneumonia when I had my Fat Girl PTS and I just couldn't dig.  This time I could dig.  I dug a hole and put her in my vegetable garden to be.  I covered the grave with the shavings and chicken shit  plus the rest of my mulch I loaded in Charlotte Saturday and Sunday.  Nothing will be planted there until Spring.  Next year every time I pic a juicy red 'mater I can say, Thanks, Chloe.  I think that's good.

..I like that... :)

...when we see all the flowers we smile knowing that it's the perfect spot for our loved ones.......hell, I talk to them out there... huh.....
Jon

Barb

Liz, Sorry you had to do this, but it is good that you did.  RIP in the garden, Chloe.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks, folks.  I'll be more myself tomorrow.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 19, 2019, 12:13:07 PM

Sorry for your loss Liz. I hate to think about when it's time for Kobe. Hopefully he has a good few years left. He's only 10 but for the first time I'm seeing him slow down some.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 19, 2019, 06:29:45 PM

...thank you, Liz...I'm feeling better...
...sorry you had to put your pet to sleep...only so recently I know the feeling... :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron