• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

My Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 15, 2019, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm starting a different thread from Mug's Thursday thread because I didn't want to screw up his wonderful day with my terrible one.

I ran to the supermarket for necessities.  I was going to stop by the feed store for a bag of laying pellets and a couple bales of shavings so I could clean my chicken house, then hit the beer store for a 6 pack of an IPA that I like as well as nicotine for my vaping addiction.  I loaded my groceries, turned the key and the Pemite wouldn't start.  She was in park but she thought she was in drive.

Chip closed his shop, so I walked from BJ's shop right across the street from BJ's place.  (Everything in Ellisville is within walking distance.)  While I was waiting for BJ I dropped my glasses and broke a lens.  BJ wanted to see if it was the battery because you check the most likely most obvious choice first.  I knew that it wasn't that, but if it had been he brought a box of some kind that could jump me off.  It was not the battery.  It was obvious that mice had been under the hood and BJ thinks that they ate wiring that is just under the where the battery sits.  God, I hope it's that and not something that involves a lot of expensive diagnosis.

People in Ellisville are nice.  Not every town is like that.  I had no way to get home, so BJ drove me home.  He even wanted to see the new puppies.
My insurance will pay for the towing so that's 80 bucks I won't have to pay.  I just talked to the towing guy who knows me from towing The Beast and Charlotte a few times.  He's a nice guy, too.

I have no idea why I get so stressed that I can't think right when a vehicle leaves me stranded.  I'm  I'm as stressed now as I was before I got that is stupidly called "broken heart syndrome".  I think I'll go out and give the chicken their daily treat and hope that I start to chill some.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Probably something simple......the small 'potential' wire hooked up from the battery cable to near the headlight on the front housing will do that if it was chewed through.....or the neutral switch got moved a bit ?.......you should get it back pretty quick....... |^|

....bet those pups are really growing..... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I love those little puppies and Pip is such an incredible mother.  I thought that I would have to supplement the 8 babies with fake bitches milk in a can but they are fat and growing well.   Their little eyes are just starting to open.  I'll give them their first worming Sunday and their first vacs next Sunday.  I've picked out my keeper.  I like females but this little one is a boy.

The understanding that this car thing is not the end of the world is started working itself into my mind. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 15, 2019, 03:32:07 PM
I love those little puppies and Pip is such an incredible mother.  I thought that I would have to supplement the 8 babies with fake bitches milk in a can but they are fat and growing well.   Their little eyes are just starting to open.  I'll give them their first worming Sunday and their first vacs next Sunday.  I've picked out my keeper.  I like females but this little one is a boy.

The understanding that this car thing is not the end of the world is started working itself into my mind.

...Boomba !...eyes opening begins rhe mischievous run around and explore mode....LOL....some fun times await you for sure.. :)

...cars are a necessary evil that's all..... :)...and shit happens  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson