• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 01:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Unhappy with Jack's

Started by JR, August 14, 2013, 06:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Been setting up a 125gal Reef tank this week. Order my live rock from Jack's Monday. Any order over a hun lbs is 4.99 a lb. went to pick it up today. The manager said his employee miss spoke It is 6.99 a pound. I told him that is on him I paid for 200 lb all ready and that is what you are going to give me. I gave him my paper work that said 200lb live rock Paid on 8-11-13. It got nasty. I got my liverock. That will be the last time I go there.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

dang...stuff ain't cheap is it.....200lbs?...what size?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

No its not. If you just buy a few pounds It is 7.99 a pound. I use 1 and a half to 2 lbs per gallon. I am putting 150lbs in the main tank and 50 in the sump. The sump is a 55 gal tank. The rock I buy is 1 to 5 lbs each peace. Will have pics as soon as it is set up
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Frank The Plumber

I used to buy a hundred pounds of live and a hundred pounds of the Carib Sea dead rock from channel projects etc. The dead was $1.50 a pound. I would put the dead as a base and the live above it. Within 6 months it was all pretty much the same. I could sell the dead as decent live base rock and had people clamouring for it. If I put it in a tank with soft corals or polyps in there it would be better in 6 months than the live rock itself.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?