• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

remember folks..

Started by Mugwump, November 10, 2019, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...with this cooler weather...check those tank heaters.... |^| :) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I have some stick-on thermometers that I can read from across the room.  Not necessarily accurate but they certainly tell me if the heater is working or not.  When it usually reads 78 to 80 and one day it is reading 68 to 70 you know the heater is dead.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..I have a temp gun that I can point to any tank and get an accurate reading...I scan the tanks and can pick up a dead one pretty quick.....

I should get all new heaters as these are getting older now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I have a temp gun too. Got that idea after visiting you Jon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I use an instant read food thermometer.  It's the only think I have had that I totally trust.
Always move forward. Never look back.