• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Yo Liz...

Started by Mugwump, July 10, 2019, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..looks like you'll dodge the bullet on this one  huh

Above: NHC forecast for Potential Tropical Cyclone 2 as of 11 am EDT Wednesday, July 10, 2019.

The National Hurricane Center started advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone 2 at 11 am EDT Wednesday, flagging a system likely to produce torrential rains and widespread flooding as it heads slowly toward southern Louisiana over the next several days. Tropical storm watches have been hoisted for PTC 2 from Morgan City east to the mouth of the Mississippi River, with a storm surge watch from Morgan City east to the Mississippi/Louisiana border (Pearl River). Hurricane watches could be issued as soon as Wednesday evening.

At midday Wednesday, PTC 2 was still a poorly organized, somewhat elongated system in the northeast Gulf of Mexico, with a low-level center roughly 100 miles south of the western Florida Panhandle. PTC 2's low-level circulation was located about 100 miles further to the southeast, offset from its mid-level circulation. This tilted structure reduces the odds of PTC 2 strengthening rapidly on Wednesday.

In turn, the heaviest thunderstorms associated with PTC 2 on Wednesday morning were actually well northwest of the low-level center, in a convective complex that churned across the New Orleans area. The heavy storms prompted a flash flood emergency and inundated parts of the central city with more than 10" of rain.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm hoping it changes it's mind.  We need a good flooding rain where I am.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...you getting hit with anything yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Nothing.  They say that we may get an inch or two of rain Saturday.  I hope so.  It's dry as a bone and hot as hell.

Mugwump

...have you checked your generator yet?...extra gas?...extra beer?  :).....in case that thing does the spin and rotates back through your area..

..be ready for the worst...ya never know... huh..they're calling for 25" over in New Orleans....looks like maybe 5"-6" by you...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yeah, poor New Orleans looks to be getting slammed again.

Mugwump

..off to watch a couple g'sons for a bit......

..see ya on the flip flop  ;D
Jon

Mugwump

...looks as if you're getting some of that much needed rain....hope it's not too much wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

So far just a light drizzle now and again.  It's supposed to continue like this for several days so hopefully the accumulation will be enough to do some good.

Mugwump

...you should be getting some decent rain about now....winds?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quit worrying about me, Mug.  We keep having a good drizzle.  It's continuous and will be continuous through tomorrow and part of Monday.  The rain accumation, though slow and over time will be good for the plants after all the heat and drought.

The governor of MS is just now giving a speech to the folks on the gulf coast.  There is no evacuation called for but people were warned to get ready for one.  They're going to get a lot of rain for a long time.  The hurricane has been down graded to a tropical storm but that doesn't mean that it isn't going to dump a ton of water.  Even down there there is no rain.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2019, 03:09:02 PM
Quit worrying about me, Mug. We keep having a good drizzle.  It's continuous and will be continuous through tomorrow and part of Monday.  The rain accumation, though slow and over time will be good for the plants after all the heat and drought.

The governor of MS is just now giving a speech to the folks on the gulf coast.  There is no evacuation called for but people were warned to get ready for one.  They're going to get a lot of rain for a long time.  The hurricane has been down graded to a tropical storm but that doesn't mean that it isn't going to dump a ton of water.  Even down there there is no rain.

......not much chance of that.....it's my nature to care and worry about good friends.... huh......
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2019, 04:33:58 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2019, 03:09:02 PM
Quit worrying about me, Mug. We keep having a good drizzle.  It's continuous and will be continuous through tomorrow and part of Monday.  The rain accumation, though slow and over time will be good for the plants after all the heat and drought.

......not much chance of that.....it's my nature to care and worry about good friends.... huh......

I can attest to that. Thanks Jon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

...that's a big storm...wonder what remnants will influence us up north? 
Jon