• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Yo Liz...

Started by Mugwump, July 10, 2019, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hey Mug.  The weather you thought I would get in the past few days that I said wasn't going to happen has arrived.  I missed 5 weather alerts last night because I accidentally turned the volume on my phone to zero.  Right now we are under a flood warning and tornado watch.  The rain is coming down, the wind is blowing and once in a while we have a really big blow where the trees whip back and forth in the wind.

I enjoy watching stormy weather.  I wish I had a front porch so I could sit there and watch it.  Last time we had a big blow no rain came with it and I was able so sit in the pasture and watch it.  It blew one of my Mimosa trees down and my neighbor lost a pine tree, but no damage.  Obviously, I hope I don't have a tree come down on the house.  That would be a bit too much excitement, besides even with insurance it would be costly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 14, 2019, 08:09:18 AM
Hey Mug.  The weather you thought I would get in the past few days that I said wasn't going to happen has arrived.  I missed 5 weather alerts last night because I accidentally turned the volume on my phone to zero.  Right now we are under a flood warning and tornado watch.  The rain is coming down, the wind is blowing and once in a while we have a really big blow where the trees whip back and forth in the wind.

I enjoy watching stormy weather.  I wish I had a front porch so I could sit there and watch it.  Last time we had a big blow no rain came with it and I was able so sit in the pasture and watch it.  It blew one of my Mimosa trees down and my neighbor lost a pine tree, but no damage.  Obviously, I hope I don't have a tree come down on the house.  That would be a bit too much excitement, besides even with insurance it would be costly.

.....be safe....it's amazing the amount of rain associated with this system........I'll bet you'll have more than a few road closures too... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

....hang in there, Liz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's been quite still for a couple of hours.  I hope we get a second wave.  I know that normal people are afraid of bad weather with wind and rain but it excites me.

Mugwump

...any idea how many inches total fell by you..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

More than enough.  But I'm not going to complain unless I go outside and find damage to the house from the storm last night.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 15, 2019, 07:04:22 AM
More than enough.  But I'm not going to complain unless I go outside and find damage to the house from the storm last night.

...Wow..must have been a doozy.. huh....
Jon

LizStreithorst

just when I think the rain is finally over a band comes in and it starts all over again.  It's just drizzling right now.  Oh...no damage.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 15, 2019, 08:25:36 AM
just when I think the rain is finally over a band comes in and it starts all over again.  It's just drizzling right now.  Oh...no damage.

... |^|..good
Jon