• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Store shopping now days...

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2019, 08:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thank God for Amazon and Ebay and being able to by most everything i need locally where the people know me.  I despise shopping.  Some folks actually enjoy it.  Go figure huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...I despise shopping also, and Lucy's just the opposite...! :-X
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My neighbor, Judy loves shopping, too.  She grew up out here in the sticks where they had to have big veggie gardens, hunt, and raise chickens to survive.  She has surprisingly good taste.  She's a member of Sam's club, too and picks things up for me that I ask for.  I'll be getting 800 thread Egyptian cotton bed sheets come fall.  I don't mind asking her because she enjoys it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2019, 02:42:03 PM
My neighbor, Judy loves shopping, too.  She grew up out here in the sticks where they had to have big veggie gardens, hunt, and raise chickens to survive.  She has surprisingly good taste.  She's a member of Sam's club, too and picks things up for me that I ask for.  I'll be getting 800 thread Egyptian cotton bed sheets come fall.  I don't mind asking her because she enjoys it.

..you made me look up a few things... :)

Do Egyptian cotton sheets get softer?
However, with every single laundering, the cotton sheets from Egyptian fibres become softer and softer. Do not be alarmed if when you first receive your new Egyptian cotton sheets, that they feel a little stiff or scratchy, this will all change with a few washings

Softening Your Cotton Sheets

Remove from packaging and place them in the washing machine with 1 cup of baking soda. ...
    Add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle and set the temperature to cold.
    Remove the sheets from the washer and hang them up to dry in the sun.

If you must tumble dry your Egyptian Cotton™ bedding, make sure that you use a relatively low heat. Remove the sheets from the dryer as soon as possible after the cycle has finished and fold them. ... Iron the sheets whilst they are still slightly damp with the iron set to a low heat.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 09, 2019, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2019, 02:42:03 PM

..you made me look up a few things... :)

Do Egyptian cotton sheets get softer?
However, with every single laundering, the cotton sheets from Egyptian fibres become softer and softer. Do not be alarmed if when you first receive your new Egyptian cotton sheets, that they feel a little stiff or scratchy, this will all change with a few washings

Softening Your Cotton Sheets

Remove from packaging and place them in the washing machine with 1 cup of baking soda. ...
    Add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle and set the temperature to cold.
    Remove the sheets from the washer and hang them up to dry in the sun.

If you must tumble dry your Egyptian Cotton™ bedding, make sure that you use a relatively low heat. Remove the sheets from the dryer as soon as possible after the cycle has finished and fold them. ... Iron the sheets whilst they are still slightly damp with the iron set to a low heat.
...iron sheets...are you kidding me?!?!?!? wfwf ...I body press mine at 98.6 degrees... :P :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Give me a break, Mug.  They're good sheets.  I like them the best for cooler weather because the weave is to tight they hold in the heat better than microfiber.  I just treat them like sheets.  I don't kiss their Egyptian cotton ass. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2019, 04:22:21 PM
Give me a break, Mug.  They're good sheets.  I like them the best for cooler weather because the weave is to tight they hold in the heat better than microfiber.  I just treat them like sheets.  I don't kiss their Egyptian cotton ass.

..didn't say they weren't.....I simply looked it up and shared the info......sheesh..... huh
Jon