• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

Just another Monday....

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2019, 04:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Good morn'n All....grab your cups the coffee is very, very good  |^| :) |^|

..62degs and low humidity,  dew pt 52degs, at the moment...it'll warm up to around 80degs later on....hopefully the low humidity stays around  |^|

...a couple errands then I'll mow.....then  huh

..more coffee...brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. A cool and cloudy day to start with showers in the forecast. Temps are supposed to get between 75 and 80 degrees depending on when the sun comes out.

Since I did my water changes yesterday today seems like a nice day to chill out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 08, 2019, 06:06:16 AM
Good morning Jon. A cool and cloudy day to start with showers in the forecast. Temps are supposed to get between 75 and 80 degrees depending on when the sun comes out.

Since I did my water changes yesterday today seems like a nice day to chill out.

..morn'n Willie......my kinda day, yuppers  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Every day is a nice day to chill out.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I feel better when I get to work a bit.  I got most of my outside work done before it got terribly hot.  I got my mow finally done.  My place has a lot of area to push.  I found that it's best to divide it in to 3 days.  I get tired, but it's a pleasant kind of tired.  Next I spread gypsum on my vegetable garden to be, covered it with a garden cart full of compost and dug it in.  This is either the 3rd or 4th time I've dug this garden.  It's easier to dig every time but I'm not fond of digging.  The soil still doesn't look like I want it too.  I'll add more manure and compost in the fall and hope to have it ready to plant in the spring.

I'm about to go out, gather up the chickens by feeding them their favorite treat and do a chicken count.  I must have been sleeping lightly at 2:30 am.  The chicken house is close to my bedroom.  I heard a clunk and a muted cry of desperation.  Damn dogs didn't even bark.  I got out of bed grabbed a flashlight and went out to see what was going on.  Chickens sleep like rocks so none of them looked upset.  I looked around and saw nothing until I looked in the space between the nest boxes and the wall.  A possum had one of my younger hens in it's mouth.  I picked up the body, put it in a plastic garbage bag and stuck it in the freezer until garbage day.  I won't tell you what he did to the chicken.  You wouldn't like it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..grabbing that possum  must have been fun...whoa
Jon

LizStreithorst

I didn't do that.  I saw that the deed was done and that he got what he was there for.  I picked up the chicken's body this morning after mowing and digging.  I hated doing that job, but I had to do it so I did it.

I haven't locked my chickens in their house for the night for several months.  I will start locking them in from now on.  Once a critter finds an easy meal it will come back for more.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 08, 2019, 01:55:20 PM
I didn't do that.  I saw that the deed was done and that he got what he was there for.  I picked up the chicken's body this morning after mowing and digging.  I hated doing that job, but I had to do it so I did it.

I haven't locked my chickens in their house for the night for several months.  I will start locking them in from now on.  Once a critter finds an easy meal it will come back for more.

...a good pellet gun does the trick.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

This doesn't need a pellet gun.  I just need to lock them up at night.