• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:46:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 170
Total: 171

bsp male...

Started by Mugwump, July 05, 2019, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...for no apparent reason has passed on....might pair her with a dd Pinoy?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Do you need a couple more BSPs? They aren't spawning for me me and you might as well have a couple to try. Your water might be better for them than my liquid rock. Can't guarantee a male as I have no confirmed males. Do have a couple that I know are female as I saw them lay eggs, but don't have a known male. Either they only produce females or all the males are sterile as I have yet to get a BSP/BSP spawn. I can bring them to the Rockford swap if you want.  I have some in with some KOI. Figure if they won't spawn with each other they might spawn with a KOI and I can start down that road.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 06, 2019, 12:09:01 PM
Do you need a couple more BSPs? They aren't spawning for me me and you might as well have a couple to try. Your water might be better for them than my liquid rock. Can't guarantee a male as I have no confirmed males. Do have a couple that I know are female as I saw them lay eggs, but don't have a known male. Either they only produce females or all the males are sterile as I have yet to get a BSP/BSP spawn. I can bring them to the Rockford swap if you want.  I have some in with some KOI. Figure if they won't spawn with each other they might spawn with a KOI and I can start down that road.

Thanks Dale.....sure I'd be happy to get something to at least get one spawn out of these creatures.....I'm pretty sure it's a female, but then..... huh...I've never experienced a more deleterious strain......do 'het' pairs do any better..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Not the ones I have. I have one female Blue Silver het that spawned with a male BSP until he died.  that is where all the ones I have came from. I have others, BSPs and Hets, that have spawned but have never got any wigglers. The eggs always all turn white. I have a bunch of them and one possibility is that they are too crowded to spawn. One reason I feel I can part with a few.

I have a couple that I have seen lay eggs. Right now they are in with known males without the bg gene and still no additional activity. The only pairs that seem to form for me are female/female pairs so far. The problem must be universal as I haven't heard of anyone spawning these things any where in the country. Hopefully by the Rockford swap I will be able to get you a confirmed male or two. Or if they suddenly pair up in droves maybe even a proven pair, but I think that is just speculation so far. Even a BSP/Het pair would produce some more BSPs, but it just isn't happening.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 06, 2019, 12:44:53 PM
Not the ones I have. I have one female Blue Silver het that spawned with a male BSP until he died.  that is where all the ones I have came from. I have others, BSPs and Hets, that have spawned but have never got any wigglers. The eggs always all turn white. I have a bunch of them and one possibility is that they are too crowded to spawn. One reason I feel I can part with a few.

I have a couple that I have seen lay eggs. Right now they are in with known males without the bg gene and still no additional activity. The only pairs that seem to form for me are female/female pairs so far. The problem must be universal as I haven't heard of anyone spawning these things any where in the country. Hopefully by the Rockford swap I will be able to get you a confirmed male or two. Or if they suddenly pair up in droves maybe even a proven pair, but I think that is just speculation so far. Even a BSP/Het pair would produce some more BSPs, but it just isn't happening.

...do yours eat well?.....always seems less interested in eating as do other strains...and I've thrown about everything but the kitchen sink to them..
Jon

waterboy

Yes they seem to eat pretty good. Never thought of them as poor eaters.
Dale