• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

Mad Magazine

Started by Mugwump, July 04, 2019, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

After 67 years and hundreds of issues, a spinoff sketch comedy series and countless imitators, Mad Magazine as it has been known since 1952 is coming to an end, according to the magazine's former editor, Allie Goertz.

"There's been an outpour of kindness surrounding the rumor that @MADmagazine is ceasing publication, but MAD is not quite done," Goertz tweeted late Wednesday night. "After the next TWO great new issues are released, MAD will begin publishing bi-monthly issues with vintage pieces and new covers."

"While there will be no new material after issue #10, @MADmagazine is not gone," Goertz continued. "I find it deeply sad to learn that there will be no new content, but knowing history repeats itself, I have no doubt that the vintage pieces will be highly (if not tragically) relevant."

Mad artist and writer David DeGrand elaborated on Twitter that the magazine "isn't shutting down but is only leaving the newsstand and will be sold to the direct market. The best thing to do is buy MAD and support it as much as possible, it's not going away!"

Neither DC Entertainment, which owns Mad, nor the magazine itself have commented publicly, and they did not immediately respond to requests for comment from TheWrap.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That makes me feel sad.  I heard the same things on NPR a week or so ago.I might subscribe to it monthly.  I'll look into it.
Always move forward. Never look back.