• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

Liz, etal...

Started by Mugwump, June 19, 2019, 05:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

What kind of plants are you growing in your 'planted' tank(s) ?  huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

In the 125 rainbow tank I have an amazon sword, a lot of Anubis glued to driftwood, a lot of Java fern glued to driftwoon. 5 stems of corkscrew val, micro sword,  dwarf water lettuce, Java moss and one slow growing one I don't know the name of.

In the 30 gallon shrimp/ 144 snot tank a rosette sward, lots of Java fern, lots of Anubis, Java fern and a lot of the slow growing one that I don't know what is called.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 19, 2019, 06:29:13 PM
In the 125 rainbow tank I have an amazon sword, a lot of Anubis glued to driftwood, a lot of Java fern glued to driftwoon. 5 stems of corkscrew val, micro sword,  dwarf water lettuce, Java moss and one slow growing one I don't know the name of.

In the 30 gallon shrimp/ 144 snot tank a rosette sward, lots of Java fern, lots of Anubis, Java fern and a lot of the slow growing one that I don't know what is called.
...Please post a pic of the slow growing one, Liz...I'd like to see it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

I don't have planted tanks as such.  Most of my tanks are bare bottom.  But they all have plants in flower pots.  Mostly Italian Valisneria and Amazon sword plant because those are the ones that grow and propagate. I have a couple anubias and one or two java ferns. Just recently found a tank that will grow the Anubias and Java ferns. Some tanks they just die off for some reason. Had some Giant Hygrophila for a while that grew like mad for a while and then just died out.I can't grow Java Moss for anything and it is supposed to be so easy to grow.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

.....Plants...seriously?...
Vallisneria spiralis "leopard"
Baby tears
Rotala sp. Shimoga
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala Viet Nam
Rotala Wallichii
Rotala "bonsai"
Rotala "enie"
Ludwigia natans
Ludwigia repens x arcuata (hybrid)
Ludwigia pantanal
Taiwan lilly
Blyxa auberti
Blyxa japonica
Bolbitis heudelotii
Anubias nana
Anubias barteri
Myriophyllum mattogrossense
Hottonia palustris
Cryptocoryne cordata
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Alternanthera reineckii
Aponogeton ulvaceous (flowering right now)
Aponogeton madagascariensis
Fissidens fontana
Bacopa caroliniana
Cerapterus cornuta
Cerapterus thalictroides
Eichornia diversifolia
Eriocaulum viet nam
Hydrocotyl sp "Japan"
Heteranthera zoasterfolia
Najas guadalupensis
Helanthium angustifolius 'Vesuvius'
Echinodorus quadricostatus
Limnophila "wavy"
Limnophila sessilifolia
Micranthemum umbrosum
Nymphaea lotus "Red"
Persicaria sp. India
Staurogyne repens
...plus a few others....HEY!... you asked
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

WOW ! Ron....great list !......impressive |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2019, 06:17:37 AM
WOW ! Ron....great list !......impressive |^|
...there are a few more but I'm too lazy to deal with them!...I think I counted 43 species on the list....I'll be reducing that number in the next couple months because I've almost reached my goal in the Horticulture Awards Program with GSAS....Then I will "plantscape" the tank in a much more pleasing way...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Ron, what are your parameters for your planted tank... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2019, 02:46:20 PM
..usually around 70-72F...TDS~115-130ppm...pH ~6.5-6.8...

...that's about all I keep track of when I keep track!...

...~40%WC's 1-2 times per week...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 25, 2019, 02:52:16 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 24, 2019, 02:46:20 PM
..usually around 70-72F...TDS~115-130ppm...pH ~6.5-6.8...

...that's about all I keep track of when I keep track!...

...~40%WC's 1-2 times per week...

...thanks....just wondered how close we could get to your conditions.......and it looks very doable.... :)
Jon