• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

I did the right thing

Started by LizStreithorst, June 17, 2019, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Little by little I've been cutting down on the number of fish I have.  I am now down to 8 tanks with fish in the fish room, down from 23.  I do have the two planted tanks in my office.  In the fish room I'm trying to get down to just Discus plus the two tanks in the office.  WC is a piece of cake now.  Only the 120 long and a 100 gallon Discus need WC every day. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 17, 2019, 06:50:04 PM
Little by little I've been cutting down on the number of fish I have.  I am now down to 8 tanks with fish in the fish room, down from 23.  I do have the two planted tanks in my office.  In the fish room I'm trying to get down to just Discus plus the two tanks in the office.  WC is a piece of cake now.  Only the 120 long and a 100 gallon Discus need WC every day.

...what are the dimensions of the 120 long?....sounds interesting....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

60" X 18" X 19"  I have two of them.  I adore them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 17, 2019, 07:29:28 PM
60" X 18" X 19"  I have two of them.  I adore them.

...that would be 60 X 18 X 26 wouldn't it ?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 07:21:48 AM
no

...then it's about 90 gal...... huh

...60 X 18 X 19 = 20250 / 231 = 88.821168

These are what I found off Google.

120 High 48 x 24 x 24
120 Long 60 x 18 x 26
Jon

LizStreithorst

Hmmm, I was told by the guy who gave them to me that they were 120's. They aren't as tall as my 100's but they are wider.  What does the math tell you about what size these really are?  I like them better than my 3 100 gallon tanks.  They seem to have more swimming room.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 18, 2019, 07:38:29 AM
Hmmm, I was told by the guy who gave them to me that they were 120's. They aren't as tall as my 100's but they are wider.  What does the math tell you about what size these really are?  I like them better than my 3 100 gallon tanks.  They seem to have more swimming room.

...60 X 18 X 19 = 20250 / 231 = 88.821168
Jon

Mugwump

..when Bob H lived down the street from us he had at least (3) like that.....boomba tanks.....great for grow out.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 18, 2019, 07:59:45 AM
..when Bob H lived down the street from us he had at least (3) like that.....boomba tanks.....great for grow out.... |^|
...great for plants too...light gets all the way to the substrate, and plenty of real estate for many plants...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron