• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 05:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Sunday....Fathers day

Started by Mugwump, June 16, 2019, 04:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Happy Fathers Day guys.......enjoy your day.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Happy Father's Day everyone. Have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...yeh... Happy Father's Day, all you Dad's on here...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Happy fathers day, gentlemen.

I've been out cutting cherry and sweet gum trees coming up in the blueberry bushes.  I took the chicken, Sweetie out with me and put her in her favorite dusting place.  She wasn't able to roll around and flap her wings in the dust, but she ate some of it as for grit.  I brought her in, gave her her Banamine, and put her on her clean towel.  I have a feeling she's not going to get over this injury.

Then I took the garden cart to the barn and forked old rotted manure into it.  It was heavy and full when I pulled it back to the garden.  I had to quit for a bit then.  I was sweating buckets and I even puked a little.  I came in, drank some water and splashed some over my face and neck, then turned on the AC.  I'm ust sitting and chilling a bit before I go out and put it on the garden.  I'm going to need at least 1 more garden cart full which I'm not looking forward to forking up and hauling back.  I'd use Charlotte but the she can't fit in to this place.

No rain in the near future,  I'll have to put the sprinkler on the garden plots to make it so I can dig this old dry animal poop in to the dry soil. 

I'm cool now so I'll grab a beer and have a little sit outside before I get back to work.  God, stuff that once was so easy to do is hard as hell now that I'm old.  I have my back brace on so I hope I won't suffer with pain when I get done.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 16, 2019, 10:38:36 AM

I've been out cutting cherry and sweet gum trees coming up in the blueberry bushes.  I took the chicken, Sweetie out with me and put her in her favorite dusting place.  She wasn't able to roll around and flap her wings in the dust, but she ate some of it as for grit.  I brought her in, gave her her Banamine, and put her on her clean towel.  I have a feeling she's not going to get over this injury.

Then I took the garden cart to the barn and forked old rotted manure into it.  It was heavy and full when I pulled it back to the garden.  I had to quit for a bit then.  I was sweating buckets and I even puked a little.  I came in, drank some water and splashed some over my face and neck, then turned on the AC.  I'm ust sitting and chilling a bit before I go out and put it on the garden.  I'm going to need at least 1 more garden cart full which I'm not looking forward to forking up and hauling back.  I'd use Charlotte but the she can't fit in to this place.

No rain in the near future,  I'll have to put the sprinkler on the garden plots to make it so I can dig this old dry animal poop in to the dry soil. 

I'm cool now so I'll grab a beer and have a little sit outside before I get back to work.  God, stuff that once was so easy to do is hard as hell now that I'm old.  I have my back brace on so I hope I won't suffer with pain when I get done.

....watch yourself.....please
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 16, 2019, 10:41:17 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 16, 2019, 10:38:36 AM

....watch yourself.....please
...Careful, Liz....puking leads me to thinking you're suffer from heat stroke... 2c2
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm fine.  I have found out that I cannot push myself beyond my limits like I used to do all the time.  I spread the poo.  I was right.  It covered one 4' X 8' bed about an inch deep.  Then I took the cart back to the barn and loaded another full load.  I started to haul it back to the garden plot but I reached a point where I knew I needed to stop.  I'm going to lie down and rest a bit now.  If it gets over cast later I'll finish up.

waterboy

Happy Fathers Day guys

Liz, one of the benefits of getting older is......whatever the job is it can wait until tomorrow. Take it easy for the rest of the day and haul more tomorrow. One day doesn't make any difference. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I know your right, Dale but I'd really like to get the little I have left to do done.  I went out after hanging laundry and dragged the cart 1/2 way to the garden.  Now I've got the oven preheating for lunch/dinner so I get to rest even more.

Mugwump

..A nice day today  :)..had a visit, or a call, from the boys today....they've all become good young men and wonderful Dad's.....I could never ask for more in life,,,they make me proud.
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had a great father's day too, despite the fact that I'm not a mother, let alone a father.  I got a whole lot of hard stuff done and didn't kill myself.  All I have left to do is the eastiest part...spread the last load of manure and turn on the sprinkler. 

I'm bushed but feel good.  I think that this little work out made me stronger.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 16, 2019, 06:34:19 PM
I had a great father's day too, despite the fact that I'm not a mother, let alone a father.  I got a whole lot of hard stuff done and didn't kill myself.  All I have left to do is the eastiest part...spread the last load of manure and turn on the sprinkler. 

I'm bushed but feel good.  I think that this little work out made me stronger.

...and I think it has a great deal to do with recognizing your own limits too.....and that's a good thing.. ;)
Jon