• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 148
Total: 150

More on my chicken with the hurt leg

Started by LizStreithorst, June 14, 2019, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

She is doing slightly better.  I decided to try to avoid the Banamine because it requires a withdrawal period and she is still laying eggs.  I bought Tumeric at the supermarket because the stuff I had in the spice rack was almost as old as me.  I gave her some ground meat because I made meat loaf and she scarfed it so I mixed her tumeric in that.  She isn't crazy about it at all, but it's all she going to get today.

If she doesn't eat it I'll to what the lady on the chicken forum suggested and mix it in a scrambled egg.  If she eats it I'll buy it in bulk from Amazon.  If not I'll get banamine from the vet and try to put it in her mouth and swallow it.  If neither works, she's on her own.  If she doesn't get better it'll be off with her head. (Not exactly.  I've killed a chicken before and know how to do it humanely.)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I buy it bulk by the pound from the local restaurant supply store.

LizStreithorst

Thanks My Captain.  I bought the small bottle to see if I could get it mixed in with a tasty treat.  She would not eat it.  But I was in Hattiesburg delivering fish to the pet store this morning and I stopped by the vet and picked up a cc of Banamine.  She did not lay an egg either yesterday or the day before but if  and she isn't showing more improvement.  I'll give her another week and hope for the best.
Always move forward. Never look back.