• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

hard day

Started by b125killer, August 09, 2013, 07:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I got a phone call at 4:30 this morning. My dad was in the E.R. with chest pain. He had to have emergency angioplasty today. Said there was a blockage of 85% in his heart. I went up to the hospital early then came home went back to bed. I woke up to feed the fish and one of the new heaters that I just got last week got stuck. The tank temp was at 97 degrees. It couldn't of been that high for too long. 4 hours ago it was running fine. So I did a water change and got the temp down to 87. Still high but I don't want to shock the fish anymore than they already are. I only lost 1 pleco fry. The heater was a new Aquatop D2HT Dual Digital Heater 300 Watt. less than a week old. I'm so pissed off at that. I have a 200 watt that has been working good for me so far. so I got that replaced then went back to the hospital and that is where I sit as I type this out. it's going to be a long weekend. I also need to transfer fry this weekend. Not to sure when i'm going to be able to get around to that.
Scott

Mugwump

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Scott. I'm glad they got it in time. If you need any help, I'm a phone call away.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thanks Jon, it's good to know that your a call away. I think I have the heaters under control. the rest will be fine I'll do my water changes and move the fry when I can. they aren't going anywhere
Scott

ilroost

so sorry to hear about your dad Scott. Keep us updated

JR

Sorry to hear about your father
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

My dad is doing as well as expected. He is on some good pain medication. He won't be able to go home until Monday.   
Scott

Ron Sower

Hey Scott,

I hope all turns out okay with your Dad.

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wiggs

Scott, I`m glad to hear your dad is getting better and coming home Monday. Tell him we are thinking of him and give him a big hug from us. 
Jan

b125killer

Thanks everyone, I got up early today and moved all the fry to bigger tanks. I still haven't put in the new heater. I want to be home to keep a eye on it. Now I'm at the hospital with my dad.
Scott

PaulineMi

Get well wishes going out for your Dad.  Hope he does well and gets back to normal real soon.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Thinking of your father Scott and hoping for his full recovery.  Modern medicine is wonderful!
Barb

BallAquatics

Best wishes for your Dad Scott.  My Pop had his attack almost 30 years ago..... no smokes and a lot less drink - he turns 93 this month.

Dennis

b125killer

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. They let my dad out of the hospital today. I found out that he hasn't been taking his meds like he should. Dad said that sometimes they can't afford the meds.  Both my parents got a ear full from us kids. It drives me crazy to think he would rather die than ask for help. Closed mouths don't get feed! My siblings and I can't help if we don't know that help is needed.   
Scott

Mugwump

I know...parents can drive you nuts sometimes.....glad he's out and on the mend.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

That's a hard one to deal with, Scott. Good luck with helping him get to good health again.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron