• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Tuesday's tales....

Started by Mugwump, June 11, 2019, 06:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....just another day in the neighborhood here......errands and putz'n..... |^| :) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...heating up fast now....supposed to be in the upper 70's but already 80+degs out there.....cold front later brings in the rain and 60's tomorrow...might see an overnight in the 40's  ???......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...clear, sunny 16mph prevailing winds today and temps going to 105 today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I remember when Jan and I went out to see my Dad one time....we drove down by Palm Desert and had date shakes....it was 116 that day.....felt like the oven door was open....LOL..

Dad had AC but ran the 'swamp cooler' most the time.....kept the place quite pleasant.... :)
Jon

Ron Sower

...one of our friends had a swamp cooler in his place...it would get so cold we couldn't stand it...had to go outside to warm up!... :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 11, 2019, 12:07:49 PM
...one of our friends had a swamp cooler in his place...it would get so cold we couldn't stand it...had to go outside to warm up!... :D :D

..they normally don't get as cool as AC......and they do work with thermostats too....LOL..........they are super efficient....and cheaper to run...

,,,when I was in the Army at Ft Knox/Ky and Ft Bliss/ Tx, the school brigade buildings all used swamp coolers..
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

..well the day is winding down now and it's time to chill.... w!w |^| w!w

....sun, clouds, rain, and winds.....kinda a weird weather day... huh...AC's on as it made the 80's and brought the humidity back..

..rainy and 60's tomorrow, and for a few days after...so we'll flip it off.... |^|

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

...for me it was a good day...an hour's worth of touch painting and installing a towel rack and trim in the bathroom of one unit...a touch of reading...bagged plants for the fish trade tomorrow...negotiated a purchase of a trio of Panda Loaches...put cabinet doors back on new cabinets we got for the deck...I had taken them off to put glass panes in them... Tuesday Tacos with Stan & Barb, Ron & Nancy, and Lucy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron