• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 11:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Southwest Aquatic Society 1st Annual Swap Meet

Started by Ron Sower, June 03, 2019, 10:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...currently is being planned for Sep 1...that is Labor Day weekend...is this a bad idea?...

...I'm asking because you guys attend a lot of them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

My opinion for what it is worth.  Everybody has plans for the Labor Day weekend and few of them include fish swap meets.  I would probably go as I am sort of a nut but I don;t think a lot of other people would. Just me, others may see it differently.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wiggs

Ron, Labor day is the last Summer holiday and around here a lot of people go and do vacation stuff. We try to make our Swaps not close to a Holiday.  I don`t know how it is there, but I would make it the next Sunday ( the 8th ? )  Ours is the 15th. of Sept. this year. Sometimes that is even to soon. When it starts to cool down and people start thinking about not being able to get out and about, because of bad weather, is when everyone starts thinking about fish tanks. Try it 1 time and then you will get the feel of how things will go. Our last one is in March, as sometimes April starts to get warm and people want to get outside. Also ask around your fish people and see what they think would be a good time to have one.
Jan

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 03, 2019, 10:15:55 PM
...currently is being planned for Sep 1...that is Labor Day weekend...is this a bad idea?...

...I'm asking because you guys attend a lot of them...

..I agree with Dale & Jan.....not the best date for fish swaps....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

..That's what I've been thinking...I'll run it by the board and the membership as suggested...

...Thanks for the input!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron