• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 11:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Just Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, June 01, 2019, 06:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....I need to clean out the garage....what a mess..... wfwf........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I had the sprinkler on my two raised beds from yesterday afternoon till this morning.  Finally, the dirt is not like concrete.  I can get down almost a spading fork's depth.  I already had the beds covered with a couple inches of compost.  I'll dig it all in today.  When my back recovers I'll go to the barn and dig up some horse poo to spread on it for a second digging.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on June 01, 2019, 06:42:42 AM
....I need to clean out the garage....what a mess..... wfwf........

...I need a day, or two, of no rain to get that garage cleaned up....not gonna happen today tho with thorms due in here later today.....need to separate stuff for a garage sale too....it's time to part with things that we just don't use any more.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wish I could bring a few days of your rain here some how.  It hasn't rained here in weeks.  It's dry as a bone.  I'm having to water and I hate watering.

I was able to dig one of my 4 X 8 beds and a third of the other one.  My back would't tolerate any more digging.  I really want to get this done but my body has the last word on what I can and cannot do.  Old age sucks.

Ron Sower

...gonna net out some angels into a bucket so I can bag them tomorrow...pull and trim some plants too...auction day tomorrow...might as well do a water change while I;m at it... ;)...picking up some 3/4 black delta tail guppies at the meeting too...

...Darren finished the floor in one unit yesterday...we'll go in and do the rest of the painting...I didn't like the first color so we took that back to Lowes last night and got a different color....they took it back without a question...might paint a littl in there today...

...gotta finish up the agenda for the board meeting after the general meeting tomorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

..I think I need a new 18v battery for the weed whacker..... |^|.....but the again I am cutting down some tall stuff back in the corner near the pine tree.....thick stuff that I should have cut down earlier this spring.....doh.....

..at best tho I should get a 'back up' battery..... |^|...they don't last forever....
Jon

LizStreithorst

When my nephew Tom visited he told me that I'm a tough old broad.  That's the best compliment anyone can give me because I know it is true.  Even though I know I will loose, I will fight it to the death.

I want to go out and dig some more because the digging makes me feel strong in my shoulder muscles and the back doesn't feel bad due to self medication.  I know better though.  The sun is shinning in a clear blue sky.  It's hot.  I'll put the sprinkler on the unfinished garden bed this evening and tackle it  tomorrow morning.

LizStreithorst

Mug, I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a weed eater that runs on a battery.  It must be mostly for light duty weed eating. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 01, 2019, 11:43:25 AM
Mug, I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a weed eater that runs on a battery.  It must be mostly for light duty weed eating.

....nope....they are surprisingly strong.....this battery is simply older now, we bought it used at a garage sale a few years back.....yes, they're not made for fields, but it'll do yards, etc just fine...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have a mower that cuts with strings.  I call it a baby bush hog.  It could mow my entire pastures.  The only problem is the width of the cuts would be so narrow it would you take a month of full time pushing to get them both mowed.  I am in love with my mower.

Mugwump

....I think the down pour missed us this time....it barely sprinkled..... huh

...just relax'n now....it's been a nice day.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..off to read for a bit.....nite all.... :)
Jon