• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

What an amazing day!

Started by LizStreithorst, May 24, 2019, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I had 4 dogs today which was the hugest blessing after not having a dog for almost 3 weeks.  God, I hate feeling poor.  Yes there's money in the bank but I want to live off my grooming money.  If I have no cash in my pocket it's depressing.

While I was at the bank cashing customers checks when my LPS called.  They buy my Angels from me and know that I have a ton more of them than I want.  They had a guy with a big pet store.  He saw my Angelfish, liked them, and asked where Ken and Twee got them from me.  Then my phone rang.  The guy wants to buy all or my Angelfish.  He will pay the same that Ken and Twee give me.  I am on top of the world ATM.

I need to call and talk to the guy tomorrow just to make sure that he knows what he's getting himself in to.  He may not realize that I don't have just a few tanks around the house, that I have a big fish room full of Angelfish that I don't want to keep.  I'm looking forward to see how this plays out.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...WOW !!!!!!!!!!.......good for you !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Cool Beans.  Nothing like a steady customer to increase the joy of Angelfish Breeding. Hope the deal works out for you.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Sounds like a great deal Liz. Wish you the best. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I never called the guy but he said he would take all of them and I ain't taking any back.  Turns out that his stop is in Mobile.  I sold them a few young Discus once.  I know that he will be quite taken aback when he finds out that he now owns 155 Angelfish.  I'm sure that he had no idea...that he thought I just had a few tanks in the house, not a big fish room.

He wasn't there when I arrived.  I wasn't late.  He was.  Ken, the owner of my LFS went ahead and paid me for them.  He said that the guy would honor his word.  I now have $375. in my pocket that I never expected and way more empty tanks than full ones.  I haven't totally given up on Angels but they disappointed me because my breeding project was a failure.  I do have a pair with wigglers that I hope will give me some joy, and I still have all my Half Blacks, simply because I ran out of fish boxes and room in my little car.  I need to hit Aquabid and list the half blacks but I've said that forever and I keep on not doing it. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2019, 04:11:48 PM
I never called the guy but he said he would take all of them and I ain't taking any back.  Turns out that his stop is in Mobile.  I sold them a few young Discus once.  I know that he will be quite taken aback when he finds out that he now owns 155 Angelfish.  I'm sure that he had no idea...that he thought I just had a few tanks in the house, not a big fish room.

He wasn't there when I arrived.  I wasn't late.  He was.  Ken, the owner of my LFS went ahead and paid me for them.  He said that the guy would honor his word.  I now have $375. in my pocket that I never expected and way more empty tanks than full ones.  I haven't totally given up on Angels but they disappointed me because my breeding project was a failure.  I do have a pair with wigglers that I hope will give me some joy, and I still have all my Half Blacks, simply because I ran out of fish boxes and room in my little car.  I need to hit Aquabid and list the half blacks but I've said that forever and I keep on not doing it.

.....cool beans, Liz.....buy yourself dinner and a 12 pk..... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Lol.  I bought myself 5 chocolate bars imported form Belgium and a 6 pack of an IPA beer that I'd never tried but it turns out that it's really good.  It's very flavorful but much less harsh than the other IPA's I've tried.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2019, 05:18:48 PM
Lol.  I bought myself 5 chocolate bars imported form Belgium and a 6 pack of an IPA beer that I'd never tried but it turns out that it's really good.  It's very flavorful but much less harsh than the other IPA's I've tried.

..I love good chocolate .....MMmmmm......just let it melt on your tongue..... =;-)
Jon