• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

AGA convention & beyond

Started by Ron Sower, May 12, 2019, 12:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...This was a lot of fun and educational...I caught up with a lot of my GSAS buddies and buddettes...learned how to make Wabi-Kusa setups and watched skilled people aquascape some tanks... the presentations were notable...the auction was tremendous...and I mailed me over $200 worth of plants and a foursome of juvenile Brochis splendens I got for $10...!

...The plants arrived a day after I got home as I was siphoning the tank and pulling all the crapped out plants in it...I've been away too much in the last 3 months and they really went to hell in a hand basket...I also erred in that I rescaped it right before I left town and inadvertently used limestone rock which sent the GH skyrocketing almost overnight... :'( :'( :'(

...so I've got the tank replanted with the new stuff, have done another water change since then and plan another for early this week, and am receiving about 20 more species from a pal in Tucson who is moving and is going to reset his tanks in 4-5 months...needless to say, I'll be stocking him up then...!

...I'll be rehoming my beautiful angels to good people soon because they chew off the ends of too many of the plants I really like...I have mixed feelings about doing this because I've accumulated some really nice looking ones :( :( ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..odd...I've never had any damage to plants from angels...except an overused spawning anubas leaf...or the fry nibbling on water sprite.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...They go after the softer plants like the tips of Blyxas and Rotalas...others in the area experience this too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 12, 2019, 12:28:43 PM
...They go after the softer plants like the tips of Blyxas and Rotalas...others in the area experience this too...

...makes sense.....we don't have those 'fancy plants'....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 12, 2019, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 12, 2019, 12:28:43 PM

...makes sense.....we don't have those 'fancy plants'....LOL....
:D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron