• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 06:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

Disgusted

Started by LizStreithorst, May 07, 2019, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have spent a lot of time on my Half Black project.  I crossed a Blue silver pearl with a HB and had a good large spawn then crossed sib to sib and got a nice size spawn.   I cossed a Super veil HB with a  stripeless HB. and got a huge spawn  All I got from the HB superveilXHB stripeless were a dozen with black tails.  From the cross with lots of traits I should have gotten a percentage of HBs in the mix.  I got none

I will keep this project going because I have a lot of HB/BS/PS  that I have worked with.  The pair that produced no HBs whatsoever  went to the LFS today along with 2 egg eating pairs. 

This project will move to the back burner and be put on low.  I don't want to give up but I have no idea of how to proceed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2019, 04:06:45 PM
I have spent a lot of time on my Half Black project.  I crossed a Blue silver pearl with a HB and had a good large spawn then crossed sib to sib and got a nice size spawn.   I cossed a Super veil HB with a  stripeless HB. and got a huge spawn  All I got from the HB superveilXHB stripeless were a dozen with black tails.  From the cross with lots of traits I should have gotten a percentage of HBs in the mix.  I got none

I will keep this project going because I have a lot of HB/BS/PS  that I have worked with.  The pair that produced no HBs whatsoever  went to the LFS today along with 2 egg eating pairs. 

This project will move to the back burner and be put on low.  I don't want to give up but I have no idea of how to proceed.

..IMHO.....you'll need to cross back to the original HB expressing pair......the HB gene isn't the strongest expressing gene by far.....you just got weaker HB expressing genes along your journey of crossing in other genes for the project.....l

..find the strongest expressing HB in your crosses and go back to Mom/Dad to punch it up......a new fresh HB good expressing angel will work too....then cross siblings from there...even back to your original HB pair, or f1 angel.....this well strengthen the HB gene in your stock pool.....your HB stock just got weakened along the way that's all.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson