• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 132
Total: 134

Long fin Bristlenose

Started by waterboy, May 04, 2019, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

I have a pair of Long fin Albinos in one tank. Somehow a little brown one got in there a while ago and I haven't been able to catch it.  I think he was hiding in the net when I collected Zucchini stones. Noticed a bunch of wigglers in the cave with dad a few days ago and put the cave and dad into a 2-1/2 gallon. Yesterday dad and the cave went back to the original tank.  The 2-1/2 is loaded with little brown ones. The Long fin gene is supposed to be dominate so I should get some long fin browns out of this batch.  neat to have as I don't have any long fin browns yet.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 04, 2019, 10:26:37 AM
I have a pair of Long fin Albinos in one tank. Somehow a little brown one got in there a while ago and I haven't been able to catch it.  I think he was hiding in the net when I collected Zucchini stones. Noticed a bunch of wigglers in the cave with dad a few days ago and put the cave and dad into a 2-1/2 gallon. Yesterday dad and the cave went back to the original tank.  The 2-1/2 is loaded with little brown ones. The Long fin gene is supposed to be dominate so I should get some long fin browns out of this batch.  neat to have as I don't have any long fin browns yet.

..interesting.....I always thought that LF was recessive...?...cool beans...good luck  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

On the Angels Plus website Steve says it is Dominate. I know if I mate a long fin with a standard fin Albino I get some long fins. I will have to wait and see what I get from these. I think it might be something like the Angelfish Veil Gene, one dose = veil, two doses - Superveil.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 04, 2019, 01:18:43 PM
On the Angels Plus website Steve says it is Dominate. I know if I mate a long fin with a standard fin Albino I get some long fins. I will have to wait and see what I get from these. I think it might be something like the Angelfish Veil Gene, one dose = veil, two doses - Superveil.

...Bingo !...that sounds about right  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

These are now about  3 months old.  Just checked on them and there are definitely some long fin ones in there. Not sure if they all are , but definitely some. They sure do grow slow, they are only about an inch right now.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 30, 2019, 12:09:24 PM
These are now about  3 months old.  Just checked on them and there are definitely some long fin ones in there. Not sure if they all are , but definitely some. They sure do grow slow, they are only about an inch right now.

,,Capt'n Bob's 'guppy magic' and 'teenie greenie' make great bn fry foods along with slices of zucchini ... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2019, 12:45:44 PM
Quote from: waterboy on July 30, 2019, 12:09:24 PM

,,Capt'n Bob's 'guppy magic' and 'teenie greenie' make great bn fry foods along with slices of zucchini ... |^|

+1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.