• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 116
Total: 117

Another Weekend for fish adventures.

Started by P4Angels, August 05, 2013, 07:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

What a weekend.  Lori and I went on another of our great fish adventures.  Saturday lori ans I made our rounds to a few of the local fish stores.   We took in some 20+ angels over to renton to Sierra fish and Pets.  Had a great time showing off our tanks, getting caught up with TONY and ended up picking up some Clown Loaches for our 120 planted. Then we stopped over to see what Denny's pet world to check out there selection and see if they needed any Angels. (next weekend is the anual anaversery sale of 50% of there stock of fresh water fish). On our way home we decided to stop over to Cory's (fellow GSAS member) shop "The aquarium Co-op" and talked with him for a couple of hours and pick up a few things there also.

Sunday we were off again this time we started out meeting up with a couple members to do some fish swapping.  Got a trio of Standard BN's and sold off a few of our Multies shell dwellers.  We  had planned to stop at Midway Pets to visit another member Alex. It is always a pleasure to talk with him about the hobby.  But it was such a nice day we decided to make a day of it and go south  We made the 2.5 hour trek to Portland to check one of the BEST!! northwest fish stores.  Portland's Own "WET Spot" and needless to say we where both amazed at the different types of fish we saw.  Many we had never seen before. (Jon do you remember that first swap we went to.  I swear lori and I had the same looks on or faces.)   Come look at this then on to the next tank and repeat.  We spent just as long drivng as we did in the store. I was a little disappointed in there selection of angels, but made up for it with all the others.  If any of the member ever make it out this way (Better let us know) I recommends stopping there it will be well worth the time.  We ended up bring home some Apisto's and some calico BN's...

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

'roadies' are great.....just travel/look/putz.....nice days  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

yes sir they are.   That is how we meet up with you and jan.... Some good memories there....    Lori and I got to talking about all the different states, and place we have been in the name of the hobby..  and we have covered almost 10% of the US now... LOL
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...