• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 09:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 90
Total: 91

Koi Angel Turned White

Started by wsantia1, April 29, 2019, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

This Koi has lost all of its orange pigmentation over the last two weeks. There is no PB in this line that originally came from Ed who got it from Jon. Scratching my head on this one. There is still a hint of orange around the eyes. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...it's likely a Gm/g S/S.....and getting older.. that line retained it's color ......odd....tho Ed did out cross them to another line...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Could it be his diet? Maybe he isn't getting enough ............., starts with an A but I don't remember the name.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 29, 2019, 02:35:41 PM
Could it be his diet? Maybe he isn't getting enough ............., starts with an A but I don't remember the name.

....cartenoids.....or some substitute 'natrarose' ..astaxanthin ....Tetra color flake works well....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 29, 2019, 01:41:48 PM
...it's likely a Gm/g S/S.....and getting older.. that line retained it's color ......odd....tho Ed did out cross them to another line...

It's actually a young fish. About a half dollar size. These are the 3rd generation so they are pretty inbred.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 29, 2019, 03:07:23 PM

....cartenoids.....or some substitute 'natrarose' ..astaxanthin ....Tetra color flake works well....

All of my fish are on Tetra color with frozen foods added a couple of times a week. Also none of his spawn mates have turned white. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 29, 2019, 05:07:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 29, 2019, 03:07:23 PM

All of my fish are on Tetra color with frozen foods added a couple of times a week. Also none of his spawn mates have turned white. huh

...likely just a throw backer then....I wouldn't breed it......the genes in the fish are waning...deleterious
Jon

LizStreithorst

I think it looks cool.  I like the orange over the eyes. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 29, 2019, 07:52:58 PM
I think it looks cool.  I like the orange over the eyes.

Thanks. He does look kind of cool in the tank with his orange spawn mates. lol
Willie

wsantia1

I woke up this morning and this fish was laying on its side. I put it down humanely. It look fine last night. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 01, 2019, 12:56:18 PM
I woke up this morning and this fish was laying on its side. I put it down humanely. It look fine last night. huh

..that's too bad...... :'(
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.