• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Canister filters

Started by Ron Sower, April 15, 2019, 10:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I just set up a Filstar xm as a second filter to my Poret sponge tower filter...I've stayed away from using canisters because they usually have to go under the tank and it is troublesome for my back to bend over, reach forward and pull it out with the weight of the water in it...now I have a small shelf at the end of the tank that I can set it on and have easy access to it....

...I remember using the Filstar before and I don't like it because it always doesn't fill properly and gets air into the "box" and spews micro-bubbles into the tank...I'm not going to futz and putz with it anymore...

...Which canisters do you guys\gals like and why?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I have a Filstar on my turtle tank that works great. No air bubbles at all. My 75 is running on a Cascade 1200 and that works well too. On my 150 Fatboy I'm running a Fluval FX6. It is a beast. The good news this is it has a valve that I can use to empty it before I remove it for maintenance. It will be another 3 months before I do that since I just installed it. They are all quiet too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 15, 2019, 01:27:33 PM
I have a Filstar on my turtle tank that works great. No air bubbles at all. My 75 is running on a Cascade 1200 and that works well too. On my 150 Fatboy I'm running a Fluval FX6. It is a beast. The good news this is it has a valve that I can use to empty it before I remove it for maintenance. It will be another 3 months before I do that since I just installed it. They are all quiet too.
...thanks, Willie...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..what did you end up getting/using..?....is it for the 125?...and.....is it working?...is it UV too ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...nothing yet...I used my personal hobby "allowance" for 2 months at AGA ;D ;D ;D....so I'm waiting til I build it back up...!

...it is for the 125...I'm leaning toward the Eheim 2217...It will be used in conjunction with the Poret filter tower....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron