• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

Bulgarian Seal Points

Started by waterboy, April 13, 2019, 02:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 15, 2019, 07:02:33 PM
Maybe...to retain the dark fins as they mature. I can only guess at this time.  2c2 huh

....No...you wrote "".Koi x Platinum Sealpoint. That would give you Gm/Gm (or Gm/+) s/s bg/bg..""

so a koi would have to be .Koi x Platinum Sealpoint. That would give you Gm/Gm (or Gm/g) s/s bg/bg.....not  Gm/Gm (or Gm/+) S/S bg/bg...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

You're right. I thought you were talking about the gold part of the BSP to retain the dark fins as they get older. Has to be Gm/g (Gm/Gm)  to be a Koi is right. |^|
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 15, 2019, 07:33:16 PM
You're right. I thought you were talking about the gold part of the BSP to retain the dark fins as they get older. Has to be Gm/g (Gm/Gm)  to be a Koi is right. |^|

... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on April 15, 2019, 07:13:59 PM
Quote from: Babers on April 15, 2019, 07:02:33 PM
Maybe...to retain the dark fins as they mature. I can only guess at this time.  2c2 huh

....No...you wrote "".Koi x Platinum Sealpoint. That would give you Gm/Gm (or Gm/+) s/s bg/bg..""

so a koi would have to be .Koi x Platinum Sealpoint. That would give you Gm/Gm (or Gm/g) s/s bg/bg.....not  Gm/Gm (or Gm/+) S/S bg/bg...

The lack of stripes has traditionally meant a S/S gene, but at this point I am not sure you even need the S/S gene.  I think the bg/bg gene pretty much does the same thing as the S/S. Neither of my breeders has a Stripeless gene and I get BSPs.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Babers

You will get BSP regardless of the stripeless gene....as long as you have a D and bg/bg.

The ones I have...stripes are still present, except it's reverse.

Joel

waterboy

Well the last original BSP I bought from Joel is no more.  They spawned yesterday and as I was writing the spawn number and date on the tank....Thunk...he hit the glass a ton. Don't know if he got spooked or was defending the spawn.  Unusual for him to defend as it is usually the female that attacks when I pull a spawn. I left him laying on the bottom still breathing as I thought he might recover. Went down this morning, he didn't recover.  No more baby BSPs for a while. 
Dale

Mugwump

Dale...that sucks.....I'm so sorry to hear that....
Jon

Babers

Sorry to hear that Dale. That's terrible.
Joel

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

Thanks guys. Yea it is sort of a downer. But I have lots of his kids around all I have to do is wait until they start breeding, if they ever do. Definitely won't be selling any until (or if) I can get a couple good breeding pairs.
Dale