• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 255
Total: 256

water tank

Started by b125killer, August 04, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Me in my infinite wisdom, I got a 55 gallon garbage can for water storage. It was cheap and I had used a smaller one for a long time. Just needed something bigger. It didn't work out too well. The seam on the can gave and I flooded the basement yet again. :'( That's what I get for being cheap. I told my wife the floor needed to be cleaned anyways. And she said she can use the can for garbage. I think I'm going to go and get a stock tank. Something that was suppose to hold water anyways. I could get a 100 gallon stock tank for 72.99 at farm&fleet. Or a 100 gallon water storage tank on ebay for 140. But then I have to pay shipping too. Plus I couldn't clean the storage tank that well.
Scott

Mugwump

Mine's a Farm & Fleet tub....nice, note do not forget to tighten the bung, when you get it  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'll have to remember that thanks.
Scott

Barb

This reminds me of what happened recently to my pond.  I have a home made filter, 55 gal trashcan, works just great, but a seam in it burst and water started pouring out fast.  Luckily I was there to see it happen or it would have drained my 2000 gal pond and all Koi would have died over night.  I replaced it with a 55 gal Brute can, no seams and very heavy plastic construction.  $26 at Lowes.  No more bursting worries for me.  Nothing to burst in this one.
Barb