• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 123
Total: 125

Time management..

Started by Mugwump, April 12, 2019, 06:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....How long does it take you, on average, to feed your fish in the morn'n?....
...me, it takes about 25-30mins....bbs, flake, pellet, etal....and includes inspecting each one too....

...how long to do all the water changes?.....
..here....a couple hours give or take....more when doing bigger changes or filter/sponge maintenance...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It takes me about 10 minutes to feed and inspect my tanks (14) but it takes me about 2.5 hours for water changes. My water pressure in the basement sucks. It's probably time to change out the carbon block filter. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

Feeding them takes about an hour.  11AM to 12 and 6PM to 7. Morning includes fry tank water changes and putzing as only the little ones get fed in the AM.  Water changes take about 2 hours three days every two weeks. I do a third a day.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BillT

Takes me about 5 minutes/day and 15 minutes/day on alternating days now that my fish tanks are reduced and I am not raising a lot of fish and don't have so many food cultures to maintain.

When I was in full production mode and selling fish to labs I was doing something like 2 hours or more/day due to all the maintaining and harvesting cultured food items.

Ron Sower

...with only the one 125, feeding is 2x/day and takes about 10-15 minutes because I sit in front of the tank an add a little at a time to make sure all are fed...

...just a WC takes about an hour...I just syphon 45% out and pump back in from RO reservoir plastic barrel...
...if I'm trimming and planting, I'll take about 4 hours when the water is down, before I pump back in...

...you can tell I like putzing with my aquarium...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron