• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

What fish do you have other than Angels

Started by LizStreithorst, April 08, 2019, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have two tanks in my house that are not either Discus or Angel fish tanks.  They are in my office, far away from the maintenance heavy fish room.  One is a 30 gallon red cherry shrimp tank with neons and a group of young L 144's.  Looking at it is so relaxing.  The other is a 125 with Rainbow Fish 6 of old Pearl Gourmie's, various plecos, a few magenta mystery sails and a crown tail betta.  It has a totally different vibe.  Lots of movement in that tank as they swim around between the driftwood the plants.

What do y'all have?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..We have many angel tanks, of course, but we do have our other species tanks too......there's Edgar the big flowerhorn, a 30 breeder of misc guppies and albino cory fry....a tank dedicated
to L144 bue eyed long fin, another BN tank for the 'cougar's older brother....he's ancient but still entertains the ladies constantly.....a green/tan cory pod... etc.

..I'll be looking for some 'shellies' this weekend at the swap...and if lucky, someone will have a pretty gal for Edgar... :)

..we have cut back many tanks over the last year to get it a bit more manageable...I do see some more project tanks of different species popping up here and there tho
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I have Corydoras, Albino Aeneus, Paleatus, Metae, Ehrhardti, CW021 and C79.  All in their own tanks.  Then I have Bristlenose Plecos, Brown, Albino, Longfin Albino, and Calico.  The Calicos are in their own tanks, the rest are in the bottom of Angel tanks. Also have some Kribensis and some L-333 plecos in their own tanks. Waiting for babies from both of them. The L-333s I never see anything but a tail sticking out of a cave.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ghonk

Purple Moscow Guppies,Tim Mousseau line.
Waiting for the first drops now.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

BillT

Danios (like zebrafish) and Devarios (like giant danios).
Not as many as before when I was selling to local labs.

Now I am trying to make a inter-species cross between Devario assamensis and Devarion annandalei, two different giant danio like species with a lot of red pigment.

wsantia1

I have L183 BNs, corys, a Betta and some platys that I have been babysitting.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

..I've removed most of my fish other than the angels I'm collecting a couple at a time in my 125...I do have 2 beautiful blue Acara's and Ugnasty, the BN, and Sterbai, Metae, Panda, and Arcuatus cories in with them too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi All, I have discus, angels, endlers, shrimp, assassin snails, huge electric blue jack Dempsey, indoors and goldfish and koi in my pond in the backyard.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 11, 2019, 04:36:57 PM
Hi All, I have discus, angels, endlers, shrimp, assassin snails, huge electric blue jack Dempsey, indoors and goldfish and koi in my pond in the backyard.
Barb

..how many tanks do you have going now Barb....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Barb

Hi all. down to just 4 tanks now.  Bill takes so much of my time caring for him.  But I do have a 75 with Discus, a 75 with Liz angels, a 65 with a large EBJD and a 45 full of Lime Green Endlers.  Also my 500 gal goldfish pond on the patio.  Love them all!
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 13, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Hi all. down to just 4 tanks now.  Bill takes so much of my time caring for him.  But I do have a 75 with Discus, a 75 with Liz angels, a 65 with a large EBJD and a 45 full of Lime Green Endlers.  Also my 500 gal goldfish pond on the patio.  Love them all!
Barb

....sounds like a perfect mix, Barb..... |^| :) |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 13, 2019, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: Barb on April 13, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Barb

I agree.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

....sounds like a perfect mix, Barb..... |^| :) |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

We only have fish in three tanks. Two community tanks that Gale keeps. (Angel's, Rams, Cards, plecos and Cory catfish mostly) And some green lime Endlers for me. The rest of my fish room has been sold off to a new fishkeeper in Rockford.