• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 09:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Monday yada yada

Started by Mugwump, April 08, 2019, 06:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the fog is rolling in big time as the warm breezes bring in the warmth of the day.......it happened awfully quickly too....

,,whatcha got going on today folks...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Gotta take vikki home after our crazy weekend in NYC. It was lots of fun that's for sure.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 08, 2019, 06:54:20 AM
Gotta take vikki home after our crazy weekend in NYC. It was lots of fun that's for sure.

.... |^| ;) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Need to feed fish and a couple other fish room chores.  Then it looks like I will be spending some time outdoors. Bright and sunny and about 55 out there now.  Got my water barrel set up yesterday and it rained a little. Well just misted heavy, but I should have a little rainwater already.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..how big is your rain barrel?....I've been thinking about putting one out back.....wood/plastic?
Jon

waterboy

It is a plastic one 50 gallons.   You can cut the gutter and drain it into the barrel but I didn't want to cut the gutter. I bought a kit that taps into the gutter downspout. Never ran out of rainwater last year, but I only have a couple 10s and a 20 on rainwater.  Have a couple cories that the eggs don't hatch in my hard well water.  Biggest problem so far is getting the water from the barrel into the house. I use 2-1/2 gallon plastic jugs but it is a pain.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003H9WJMI?aaxitk=fwPA8GjJ2qGeVovgvcCMNQ&pd_rd_i=B003H9WJMI&pf_rd_p=e037c154-e093-48a4-b127-477e5e294e3f&hsa_cr_id=1222035270901&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F610aXKKeyvL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B003H9WJMI
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 08, 2019, 12:40:13 PM
It is a plastic one 50 gallons.   You can cut the gutter and drain it into the barrel but I didn't want to cut the gutter. I bought a kit that taps into the gutter downspout. Never ran out of rainwater last year, but I only have a couple 10s and a 20 on rainwater.  Have a couple cories that the eggs don't hatch in my hard well water.  Biggest problem so far is getting the water from the barrel into the house. I use 2-1/2 gallon plastic jugs but it is a pain.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003H9WJMI?aaxitk=fwPA8GjJ2qGeVovgvcCMNQ&pd_rd_i=B003H9WJMI&pf_rd_p=e037c154-e093-48a4-b127-477e5e294e3f&hsa_cr_id=1222035270901&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F610aXKKeyvL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B003H9WJMI

...try a small transfer pump and a hose ?....that's what I'll do....and likely get a same size barrel to store in the basement.....an inline sediment filter would have it ready to use...
Jon

Mugwump

..What a beautiful day !!!  it' absolutely gorgeous out there...... |^|

,,,gonna sleep good tonight  ;)..we've been out almost all day.....yard trash picked up....and Sassy's mine field has been cleared...LOL
Jon

waterboy

No place to get into the basement where I put the barrel. I am thinking of getting another one on a corner near a window and rigging up some sort of a hose system. Just thinking for now.

I started to finish cleaning up the yard and then just gave up and sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Sure is great.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 08, 2019, 02:45:04 PM
No place to get into the basement where I put the barrel. I am thinking of getting another one on a corner near a window and rigging up some sort of a hose system. Just thinking for now.

I started to finish cleaning up the yard and then just gave up and sat on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Sure is great.

..Dennis has barrels outside.....wonder if I can find his thread about them....?
Jon

Babers

Wow...73 and sunny at Janesville. No work today after a long work day yesterday. Just finished putting the tarp on our gazebo and took the patio set outside... been sitting and enjoying the weather now....sipping beer
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on April 08, 2019, 04:16:31 PM
Wow...73 and sunny at Janesville. No work today after a long work day yesterday. Just finished putting the tarp on our gazebo and took the patio set outside... been sitting and enjoying the weather now....sipping beer

....haven't got the deck swing going yet.....we'll wait til after the big rains pass by on Wed/Thurs....looks to be a couple inches of precip...... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

We have had mostly rain today.  I need to do yard work,  and clean the chicken house but neither happened today.
Always move forward. Never look back.