• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

BSP....

Started by Mugwump, April 01, 2019, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..I have never had a pair go through the breeding cycle so slowly....all the usual signs for this but it's like slo mo as they go through the stages.....she's ready now I know...

..same as the 1st spawn.......perhaps they don't like Barry White?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

For some reason they seem very reluctant to spawn. I have some that are a year old this month and not one sign of breeding activity. I am about to start isolating a couple at a time to try to get them going.  Hope they start pretty soon as I am starting to get overcrowded.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..the female's appetite picked up and she will stare at various spawning spots...but the male just swims around going 'doh'.....wonder if it's a lack of secreted hormones?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I got impatient too and just separated another pair who I think is male with a confirmed female.

I initially put 2 angels together...laid eggs twice but all turned white on both times. Ended up both are females...so I put them in the community tank so they can find their own pairs....never happened. They think they're still a pair and laid eggs again in the community tank.

So I finally separated them and gave them each their own "hopefully males".

We'll see.
Joel

waterboy

Yup I have the same problem.  I am going to put some 'hopefully males' with some known or suspected females to try to get them going. Could it be that the BSPs are just weak fish unable to spawn?  I sure hope not.
Dale

Mugwump

..turned on the tank lights this morn'n and her tube was starting to show some....just check'd and now it's barely showing.....no sign of a spawn and she's still plump....saw her make a couple fry runs tho.......hopefully it's soon now.....he's following her around like a puppy.....
Jon

waterboy

neato.  Good luck. Would be great to see a viable spawn.
Dale

Babers

Yup, same here...they like to tease. I do t even feel excited anymore....until I see some eggs  wfwf
Joel

Mugwump

..I looked in there tank this morn'n and she swam up to the front of the glass.....I asked her if she was going to spawn today...

..she shrugged and then gave me the middle flipper....... huh....
Jon

Mugwump

I think that watching paint dry goes quicker than watching these two.... huh
Jon

waterboy

Typical BSP in my experience.
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on April 22, 2019, 03:37:45 PM
Typical BSP in my experience.

..yup.....but perhaps today is the day  huh...both tubes are barely showing this morn'n.......we'll see.. huh
Jon

Mugwump

....ho hum...... huh.....

.....still waiting......
Jon

Mugwump

...well she's must finally be releasing some hormones...he's following her around like a puppy now....
Jon

Mugwump

...nice storm front...are these two affected.......Nnnnoooooooooo........... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon