• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Tuesday early coffee..

Started by Mugwump, February 19, 2019, 03:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the coffee is very, very good..... ;).....

..9degs/0degs wind chill.....and snow later on lasting thru tonight and tomorrow.....oh joy...

..errands, etc this morn'n...then some fish room putz'n....then  huh

..but now...more coffee........brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...looks like 50s here until next Wednesday...brrr |brr|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Great coffee here. Current temp is 29 degrees and it will go up to 40 degrees but starting tonight that all changes. We are projected to get 3 to 6 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow. Then on Thursday it's supposed to get up to 62 degrees. WTH  huh.

Got to do some water changes today. Although the fish I got from the CCA convention appear to be doing well I am becoming concerned because they are not eating. I've tried everything including flake, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms and this morning I gave then a shot of BBS. They seem to take in some BBS but didn't attack it like I would have liked.

They seem particularly interested in an active group of young Koi that I have in the tank next to theirs though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 19, 2019, 08:12:03 AM

Are you going to get snow like Vegas did? I remember getting snow in Sierra Vista when I was there in the 70s. Got about 8 inches and it was all melted by the next day. I remember that like it was yesterday. lol
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 19, 2019, 08:21:33 AM
Great coffee here. Current temp is 29 degrees and it will go up to 40 degrees but starting tonight that all changes. We are projected to get 3 to 6 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow. Then on Thursday it's supposed to get up to 62 degrees. WTH  huh.

Got to do some water changes today. Although the fish I got from the CCA convention appear to be doing well I am becoming concerned because they are not eating. I've tried everything including flake, frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms and this morning I gave then a shot of BBS. They seem to take in some BBS but didn't attack it like I would have liked.

They seem particularly interested in an active group of young Koi that I have in the tank next to theirs though.

Just saw them eating off of the floor of the tank. I could be spooking them. They've been through a lot the next couple of days. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 19, 2019, 08:27:11 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 19, 2019, 08:21:33 AM

Just saw them eating off of the floor of the tank. I could be spooking them. They've been through a lot the next couple of days. huh

..cool beans.....getting some fish to eat can get crazy..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 19, 2019, 08:24:01 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 19, 2019, 08:12:03 AM

Are you going to get snow like Vegas did? I remember getting snow in Sierra Vista when I was there in the 70s. Got about 8 inches and it was all melted by the next day. I remember that like it was yesterday. lol
...there has been and will be more snow in the mountains here in AZ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron