• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

They say it's Friday...

Started by Mugwump, February 15, 2019, 06:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..ok...I'm fine with that.... ;)

..so what's up folks  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Water changes etc. Getting some equipment ready to do maintenance on my 55g at Vikki's house and bringing some buckets in case I buy something at the CCA Marketplace on Sunday.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 15, 2019, 06:26:34 AM
Water changes etc. Getting some equipment ready to do maintenance on my 55g at Vikki's house and bringing some buckets in case I buy something at the CCA Marketplace on Sunday.

.... |^|......LOL...take lots of buckets  :)......you'll need 'em I'm sure... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 15, 2019, 06:28:34 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 15, 2019, 06:26:34 AM

.... |^|......LOL...take lots of buckets  :)......you'll need 'em I'm sure... :)

Unfortunately tank space is tight here. Not because I don't have tanks. I don't have enough electrical outlets. That's one of my projects this year but like everything else I need to get the $$$$ first.
Willie

Mugwump

..sun's out but it's cold....brrrr |brr|

,,done putz'n for the day..... ;)....made a fresh pot of coffee and we're chill'n.... |^|

..so what's happening folks  huh
Jon

wsantia1

Got up to 63 but now the clouds are rolling in. Could get as high as 65. Finished all of my water changes and cooked some beef stew with red beans and rice. Had seconds and feel like taking a nap but it's too nice outside so off I go.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 15, 2019, 02:10:40 PM
Got up to 63 but now the clouds are rolling in. Could get as high as 65. Finished all of my water changes and cooked some beef stew with red beans and rice. Had seconds and feel like taking a nap but it's too nice outside so off I go.

..don't blame you a bit....if it was anywhere near like that here we'd be out in the yard.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...Hi group...it'll get to 56 today and partly sunny....

...Daughter is here from Tacoma...granddaughter is in Tucson with the softball team for an invitational tournament weekend... we went down yesterday and she's not playing this weekend due to stress fracture or tendon issue in her foot... we're just going for the last game today and then dinner with her and her roommate...

,...meanwhile I'll get a few things done this morning before we leave...I have a bunch of plants a friend sent me that I need to get into the substrate and a bunch to remove and/or trim...I'm going to start EI dosing ferts next week when the dry ferts arrive....I've been using the Seachem products for 6+ years but now I'm switching...Ordering from Nilocg...they've become a club sponsor...they have liquid ferts too, but why pay to ship water?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wiggs

Hey, Ron, Let me know how the new ferts. work out, I am still looking for a really good one, have tried most of them and sometimes they work but most of the time nothing. I like the ones that go by the roots of the plants. I am going to be putting all of our plants into containers in the tanks. It will be easier, if they have to be moved and also we are going bare bottom with all but 1 or 2.  I am still trying to get rid of the MTS and the only way to do that is to break down the tank, clean everything ( sponges, heaters, decorations, and anything that I want to keep) and throw away the gravel. It is alot of work, but I found it is the only way to really get them out of a tank. I also let the sponges dry out for a month before I use them again. Good thing we have extra. lol
Jan