• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Koi & blues....

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2019, 02:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..yanked a couple more spawns this afternoon.....Koi and a blue glitter spawn..... |^|...both looking very good size and have those wonderful golden eggs...

....let's see how good they got fertilized by their respective males....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..ta da....wigglers & vines... :) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...okay...help me out here a little...I look up blue glitters online and I see what look to me to be blue pearl scales...what is the difference?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 08, 2019, 08:06:57 PM
...okay...help me out here a little...I look up blue glitters online and I see what look to me to be blue pearl scales...what is the difference?...

..the appearance....blue glitter is a pattern....pearl is raised scales....

blue glitter

pearl scale....
Jon

ghonk

The fish may have been labeled wrong too.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 09, 2019, 04:50:53 AM

..the appearance....blue glitter is a pattern....pearl is raised scales....

blue glitter

pearl scale....

Bottom is definitely pearl scale...but I don't see a "pattern" in the upper fish...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

....it's a random expression......look around the gill plates and first bar.....glitter and snakeskin are markings inherited from wild caught scalare such as Rio Negro and Rio Nanay...

Here's a better pic....mine originated from Plumber Frank...it's thought that glitter may be an expressive gene ?

Jon

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on February 10, 2019, 09:26:34 AM
Looks nice. |^|

..one of Frank's....and might be a parent of mine.. huh
Jon

Ron Sower

..so I finally took the time to get a pic for you...how is this little beauty named?...looks pearlscaled to me...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 11, 2019, 09:46:11 PM
..so I finally took the time to get a pic for you...how is this little beauty named?...looks pearlscaled to me...

..yes..that's a pearlscale......do you see the difference now?

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2019, 04:31:25 AM

...Yes I do  |^| and that's what I thought but wanted to make certain I was correct...Tanks a bunch...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 12, 2019, 09:34:51 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2019, 04:31:25 AM

...Yes I do  |^| and that's what I thought but wanted to make certain I was correct...Tanks a bunch...!

.... :) |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron