• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 04:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 267
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 241
Total: 242

Stupid idea?

Started by fishhead0103666, January 31, 2019, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhead0103666

Well I've been getting more interested in royal plecos lately and I have a 2.5-3 incher already but I'm dreaming of an army of them. Think 10-12 of 2-3 inchers. My idea is that since they grow an inch a year I will have more than enough time to get tanks big enough for a full grown 12 incher before any of them hit 6 inches. Currently I have a 75 gallon set up and two more getting set up that I'm gonna take with me when I leave. Once I'm settled I'm thinking that they'll have hit 4 inches and by then I can start getting 180 gallon tanks and then I will have the problem solved. Each 180 will have 1-2 (perhaps 3) royal plecos until I can get my greedy hands on a tank big enough for all of them.

Is this a stupid idea?
Dreaming of more catfish...

Mugwump

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 31, 2019, 06:36:31 AM
Well I've been getting more interested in royal plecos lately and I have a 2.5-3 incher already but I'm dreaming of an army of them. Think 10-12 of 2-3 inchers. My idea is that since they grow an inch a year I will have more than enough time to get tanks big enough for a full grown 12 incher before any of them hit 6 inches. Currently I have a 75 gallon set up and two more getting set up that I'm gonna take with me when I leave. Once I'm settled I'm thinking that they'll have hit 4 inches and by then I can start getting 180 gallon tanks and then I will have the problem solved. Each 180 will have 1-2 (perhaps 3) royal plecos until I can get my greedy hands on a tank big enough for all of them.

Is this a stupid idea?

...sounds to me like a project...I like projects  :)

..I'd say that actually with a good water change routine you won't need really huge tanks.....a 180gal is more than sufficient.....possibly a nice 125 even with room to spare for other species too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

fishhead0103666

That sounds good to me, now time to start looking around for some small ones...
Dreaming of more catfish...

Ron Sower

Quote from: fishhead0103666 on January 31, 2019, 06:45:30 AM
That sounds good to me, now time to start looking around for some small ones...
...what he said...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron